VOICE OF SIKH YOUTH
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
plz plz help

can ne1 tell me What was the contribution of Guru arjan dev ji in relation to thee raags in gurbani??

plz plz can some1 tell me!!!!!!!!

Raag

Waheguru jee ka khalsa, Waheguru jee kee fateh jee

As all of us know that Guru Arjan Dev Jee compiled the Aadh Granth Sahib during 1581-1606 in Ram Sar, Amritsar Punjab and Bhai Gurdass Jee wrote it.

There are 2218 shabads written by Guru Arjan Dev Jee in SGGS Jee. Though right now I can not tell you how many shabads guru sahib jee wrote in one particular raag but i will try to find it out jee.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

can ne1 tell me What was the contribution of Guru arjan dev ji in relation to thee raags in gurbani??

Raag

Waheguru jee ka khalsa, Waheguru jee kee fateh jee

As all of us know that Guru Arjan Dev Jee compiled the Aadh Granth Sahib during 1581-1606 in Ram Sar, Amritsar Punjab and Bhai Gurdass Jee wrote it.

There are 2218 shabads written by Guru Arjan Dev Jee in SGGS Jee. Though right now I can not tell you how many shabads guru sahib jee wrote in one particular raag but i will try to find it out jee.

There are 31 Raags in SGGS jee and 10 duets raags like Gauri Maaj, Aasa Kaafi etc. So total is around 41 raags in SGGS. In addition there are 17 Ghar in which these raags can be sing.

bhul chuk maaf

waheguru jee ka khalsa, waheguru jee ke fateh jee

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to: