VOICE OF SIKH YOUTH
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
God & love??

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh.

Hi all,

This is regarding a personal matter about guys and gals.

Is it wrong for 2 people to love each other and consider marriage even if one person is more spiritually in tune than the other??

Ok, im just going to discuss this issue from both points of view:

yeh it can be said that loving people of the opposite gender is wrong due to kaam & this in turn will bring you further away from God.But if you really love someone then is their any point in fighting these feelings??

Wot im asking is,

1)should you just steer clear of any kind of guy gal relationship regardless of how you feel or think you feel about them, with regard to the fact that progresssing onto marriage may either make both individuals closer to sikhi or both further away ( so there's a risk in that sense)

OR

2)should love be accepted as the rare gift that it is.

God is all about love too,so if i choose to accept it am i accepting God and if i choose to keep away from any relationship am i turning my back on love & or God or am i embracing God?????????????

this probabaly sounds really stupid-look i don't believe in true love conquering all and all the materialistic stuff but this situation has been playing on my mind and i need some advice, so please put your views forward and any Bani quotes would be appreciated.

Thank you.

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh.

Re: God & love??

urmmmmm well this is my opinion

if the "girl" is gursikh and u are gursikh then fine, if u get along really well and like each other do whatever.....

bt if she aint gursikh (that doesnt just mean 'sikh') then leave it

love itself between human beings aint nuthing, guruji says recognise all emotional attatchments as false, that doesnt mean u cant love sum1 (eg ur wife) but it does mean that it shouldnt hinder u spiritually.

family, "love", friends, material posessions, all these things come and go. they all gonna be here one minute and dust the next. theres no point wasting huge amounts of time over them.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hi all,

Is it wrong for 2 people to love each other and consider marriage even if one person is more spiritually in tune than the other??

yeh it can be said that loving people of the opposite gender is wrong due to kaam & this in turn will bring you further away from God.But if you really love someone then is their any point in fighting these feelings??

Wot im asking is,

1)should you just steer clear of any kind of guy gal relationship regardless of how you feel or think you feel about them, with regard to the fact that progresssing onto marriage may either make both individuals closer to sikhi or both further away ( so there's a risk in that sense)

OR

God is all about love too,so if i choose to accept it am i accepting God and if i choose to keep away from any relationship am i turning my back on love & or God or am i embracing God?????????????

this probabaly sounds really stupid-look i don't believe in true love conquering all and all the materialistic stuff but this situation has been playing on my mind and i need some advice, so please put your views forward and any Bani quotes would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Re: Re: God & love??

We often confuse lust to be love. Even though it may be really, strong connections and feelings, we have to make SURE first of all that these feelings are safe and that they wont screw us up in the end..

For example, you need to make sure lust isn't a key part of the relationship. Also, many people look into these relationships so that they'll have someone to be attached to, someone to "belong" to. This is wrong too.. And thirdly, you have to make sure you don't like the person because they make you FEEL GOOD ABOUT YOURSELF, because then you're just with them out of low self confidence, and you want to expand your ego by being with them.

SOMETIMES, however, Guru Jee blesses certain souls with an amazing love that's "guru-jee-inspired" - which basically revolves around Sikhi and Guru Jee. THIS kind of love is the love that is talked about in the SGGS - two bodies with one soul, and that one soul merges with God. That type of love is VERY rare, but some are blessed with it, you have to see if your 'feelings' are pure or more related to kaljug and maya..

if the feelings revolve around lust and attachment or anything else to do with maya, then you SHOULD avoid it because it will lead you to doing bad things in the end, trust me on that.. You have to clarify with yourself first, seeing if you're attached/attracted to the body, or the mind and soul..

vaheguru jee ka khalsa

vaheguru jee kee fateh

Replying to:

urmmmmm well this is my opinion

if the "girl" is gursikh and u are gursikh then fine, if u get along really well and like each other do whatever.....

bt if she aint gursikh (that doesnt just mean 'sikh') then leave it

love itself between human beings aint nuthing, guruji says recognise all emotional attatchments as false, that doesnt mean u cant love sum1 (eg ur wife) but it does mean that it shouldnt hinder u spiritually.

family, "love", friends, material posessions, all these things come and go. they all gonna be here one minute and dust the next. theres no point wasting huge amounts of time over them.

Replying to:

Hi all,

Wot im asking is,

OR

Thank you.

further to my question...

wjkk wjkf.

i just wanted to clarify my question: what im trying to say is should you avoid all materialistic love no matter if it helps you learn about being selfless and other good qualities for the sake of God??

Can you only have one and not the other?? cuz i don't think that one can have a good relationship with God if they are always governed by this materialistic love for the opposite gender. But then this could be argued that people that are married have both types of relationships and commitments.

your views please.......

wjkk wjkf.