VOICE OF SIKH YOUTH
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
in search of the god.

In search of the God

I believe that the God is one. The God created universe and everything. The God gave mankind the sensibility to discern between good and evil, therefore liable to reward and punishment. This is the only base of my belief and nothing more. All the other references, personalities, incidents, views and thoughts are to interpret this belief. Which religion is this I don’t know? It goes unlabelled.

Bullay Shah (a Punjabi mystic poet) says,

“Oh, Bullah you are the ashiq (profound lover) of the God, therefore millions of condemnations for you” (by the people), they call you, “non-believer”. You say, “Yes, yes”. (I am).

In the holy books of Jews, Christians, Muslims there are personalities, places, and stories alike and not alike. These things do not matter. The only main purpose is to guide the mankind and I think miss interpretations are there. Hindus have their deities, (sharing powers) which are against my belief. I believe in almighty one God. However there isn’t any harm, if they continue narrating stories as the Greeks and Italians do. Every nation, region has its own traditions, customs etc. These are not objectionable if not against the basic human rights or do not harm others feelings. The high human values are much appreciable, liked and rewarded by the God. A few centuries ago Australia, Americas and some other parts of the world were unknown to the people of the known world. The natives of these regions didn’t know and couldn’t know about religions practiced in the rest of the world. Were they to be blamed for that? God forbid! The God did not give them the opportunity to join one of the best religions? Is the God so unfair and unjust? No, I do not believe in such a God, sending messengers in one part of the world and keep depriving others. The people should have been given guidance by the God. We cannot name the personalities or the means because we don’t know. Any body seeking the truth or searching the God is sure to find out. Is not the God omnipresent? Yes the God is and ask the humans, “If there is any body who wants to search me. I am much closer to you than any else can be.” Of course sincerity is pre-requisite.

The people pray to Jewish, Christian, Muslim God or the deities of their religion they like. They like these on various grounds, the religion of their forefathers, the land, region, faction etc. They also seek the guidance from the God under the preconditions that it must be according to their cherished religion.

To lay pre-conditions before almighty is insensible and unjust. Be a human and not the Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, Sikhs or Germans, Russians, Americans, Spanish, Arabians, Indians, black, white etc. The God created you humans. You adopted all these divisions, when you grew up your selfishness bred prejudice and bigotry.

I believe that if a person, who is sensible enough and is willing to release him/her from all the above-mentioned divisions, is totally sincere in searching for the God or seeking guidance then he/she is granted, which he/she seeks. This is most necessary to reach this point for guidance or inspiration from the God. This believer might be any one or anywhere in the world. Surrendering entirely before the God and leaving obstinacy is must. Once a person attains this goal, he/she is not only forgiven but is loved by the God.

Only the God is most lovable and the God loves mankind. Unlike religions faith in the God is not a heritage.

A CHILD AND A FATHER

Oh father, my loving father, I have some questions in my mind,

You have been answering to me but now I am grown up,

And the complexities of life and nature confuse me much,

I have ever looked upon you for the satisfaction and solace.

Oh father, why there are many disparities among the humans,

Some live the rich life having much more than their just needs,

Some are denied the bread though they embrace the begging disgrace,

Why the God doesn’t feed them and shelter the poor and weak.

Oh father, tell me why the earth quakes, to demolish the Poor’s house,

How helpless is he when his dears give up to the fatal disease,

Somewhere the drought threatens the life and somewhere rain ruins the hopes,

Many die under the scorching sun and many do not endure the shivering cold.

Oh father, tell me why the battles are fought and the mighty crushes the weak,

Many die and many cry and the victory dances over death and blood,

Widows cry, mothers sigh, while the fathers kneel down over the dying sons,

Sorry father it makes me much sad and you say that the God is the Merciful.

My son, my dear son, you are a good sensible child,

I hope the God will guide you as you seek the way to the God,

The God is the Merciful and he loves those who feel mercy,

To solace you is my duty but the answers you ask I do not have.

Sooner or later every body has to die and the rich one also suffers,

To some the God puts into tests and to some He gives a long rope,

Many times the God changes ups to downs and downs to ups,

Even then the humans do not understand and share the devil’s pride.

The devil teaches them to be proud of groups, religions and races,

So they fight against each other as the devil is enemy to the God and humans,

The God’s believers are not quarrelsome but loving as you are,

Pray the God, my son, and be sure that the God cares for everyone.

Re: in search of the god.

"Ki Zaahar Zahoor Hain.Ki Haazar Jazoor Hain.

Hamesul Salaam Hain.Samastul Kalaam Hain.

Ki Sahib Dimaagh Hain.Ki Husnal Chiraag Hain.

Ki Kaamal Kareem Hain.Ki Raazak Raheem Hain.

Ki Rozi Dihind Hain.Ki Raazak Rahind Hain.

Kareemul Kamaal Hain.Ki Husnal Jamaal Hain.

Ghaneemul Khiraaj Hain.Ghareebul Niwaaz Hain.

Hareeful Shikann Hain.Hiraasul Fikann Hain..."

- Guru Gobind Singh

The above is a small extract from Jaap Sahib composition of Guru Gobind Singh.He was fluent in Farsi and Arabic.Forgive me for any mistakes in transliteration.

"Nanak offers this prayer to the One who pervades the water, the land and air.

He is Allah, the Unknowable, the Inaccessible, All-Powerful and Merciful Creator..."

- Guru Nanak, Guru Granth Sahib p.64

"Allah is hidden within every heart; reflect upon this in your mind.

The One Lord is within both Hindu and Muslim; Kabir proclaims this out loud..."

- Saint Kabir, Guru Granth Sahib p.483

"Says Shiekh Farid, O my dear friend, attatch yourself to the Lord.

This body shall turn to dust, and its home shall be a neglected graveyard.

You can meet the Lord today, O Sheikh Farid, if you restrain your bird-like desires which keep your mind in turmoil..."

- Sheikh Farid, Guru Granth Sahib p.488

The Supreme Guru, the Guru of Guru Nanak is One, and His messengers are One.Sat Sri Akal.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

In search of the God

I believe that the God is one. The God created universe and everything. The God gave mankind the sensibility to discern between good and evil, therefore liable to reward and punishment. This is the only base of my belief and nothing more. All the other references, personalities, incidents, views and thoughts are to interpret this belief. Which religion is this I don’t know? It goes unlabelled.

Bullay Shah (a Punjabi mystic poet) says,

“Oh, Bullah you are the ashiq (profound lover) of the God, therefore millions of condemnations for you” (by the people), they call you, “non-believer”. You say, “Yes, yes”. (I am).

In the holy books of Jews, Christians, Muslims there are personalities, places, and stories alike and not alike. These things do not matter. The only main purpose is to guide the mankind and I think miss interpretations are there. Hindus have their deities, (sharing powers) which are against my belief. I believe in almighty one God. However there isn’t any harm, if they continue narrating stories as the Greeks and Italians do. Every nation, region has its own traditions, customs etc. These are not objectionable if not against the basic human rights or do not harm others feelings. The high human values are much appreciable, liked and rewarded by the God. A few centuries ago Australia, Americas and some other parts of the world were unknown to the people of the known world. The natives of these regions didn’t know and couldn’t know about religions practiced in the rest of the world. Were they to be blamed for that? God forbid! The God did not give them the opportunity to join one of the best religions? Is the God so unfair and unjust? No, I do not believe in such a God, sending messengers in one part of the world and keep depriving others. The people should have been given guidance by the God. We cannot name the personalities or the means because we don’t know. Any body seeking the truth or searching the God is sure to find out. Is not the God omnipresent? Yes the God is and ask the humans, “If there is any body who wants to search me. I am much closer to you than any else can be.” Of course sincerity is pre-requisite.

The people pray to Jewish, Christian, Muslim God or the deities of their religion they like. They like these on various grounds, the religion of their forefathers, the land, region, faction etc. They also seek the guidance from the God under the preconditions that it must be according to their cherished religion.

To lay pre-conditions before almighty is insensible and unjust. Be a human and not the Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, Sikhs or Germans, Russians, Americans, Spanish, Arabians, Indians, black, white etc. The God created you humans. You adopted all these divisions, when you grew up your selfishness bred prejudice and bigotry.

I believe that if a person, who is sensible enough and is willing to release him/her from all the above-mentioned divisions, is totally sincere in searching for the God or seeking guidance then he/she is granted, which he/she seeks. This is most necessary to reach this point for guidance or inspiration from the God. This believer might be any one or anywhere in the world. Surrendering entirely before the God and leaving obstinacy is must. Once a person attains this goal, he/she is not only forgiven but is loved by the God.

Only the God is most lovable and the God loves mankind. Unlike religions faith in the God is not a heritage.

A CHILD AND A FATHER

Oh father, my loving father, I have some questions in my mind,

You have been answering to me but now I am grown up,

And the complexities of life and nature confuse me much,

I have ever looked upon you for the satisfaction and solace.

Oh father, why there are many disparities among the humans,

Some live the rich life having much more than their just needs,

Some are denied the bread though they embrace the begging disgrace,

Why the God doesn’t feed them and shelter the poor and weak.

Oh father, tell me why the earth quakes, to demolish the Poor’s house,

How helpless is he when his dears give up to the fatal disease,

Somewhere the drought threatens the life and somewhere rain ruins the hopes,

Many die under the scorching sun and many do not endure the shivering cold.

Oh father, tell me why the battles are fought and the mighty crushes the weak,

Many die and many cry and the victory dances over death and blood,

Widows cry, mothers sigh, while the fathers kneel down over the dying sons,

Sorry father it makes me much sad and you say that the God is the Merciful.

My son, my dear son, you are a good sensible child,

I hope the God will guide you as you seek the way to the God,

The God is the Merciful and he loves those who feel mercy,

To solace you is my duty but the answers you ask I do not have.

Sooner or later every body has to die and the rich one also suffers,

To some the God puts into tests and to some He gives a long rope,

Many times the God changes ups to downs and downs to ups,

Even then the humans do not understand and share the devil’s pride.

The devil teaches them to be proud of groups, religions and races,

So they fight against each other as the devil is enemy to the God and humans,

The God’s believers are not quarrelsome but loving as you are,

Pray the God, my son, and be sure that the God cares for everyone.