VOICE OF SIKH YOUTH
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Can a person live truthfully without the 5 k's?

Raj Jee...Waheguru Jee ka khalsa Waheguru Jee Ki Fateh! I am 15-years-old. Very pleased to recieve ur input on my topic....

I have a complete understanding of ur words full of advice...but i guess i needed to ask my questions more clearly...

I see ur point in takin the baptism for my love for God...but the the questions bout the panj kakaar taht guru Gobind Singh jee set still arise in my mind...

First...i can kno God witout the 5 k's.....i start to think.. Is all this necesary to know God..Then i think this...that its so complicated for todays generaion to bare all of this...God is suppose to be in the heart ryte?? i believe in phaat that makes u wise and more closer to Vaheguru Jee..but i dont understand the 5k's.Maybe im all wrong bout this..but how can u rely on history?? Plz do consider my thoughts and send a reply..maybe u can give me a better understanding of what u really think...

Maybe by chatting???

Thanks...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

Dear Bhenji,

This is jus what i thought of when i read your post so just take it as that. Firstly i would like to know your age as you talk about being mature?

The first thing that comes to mind is the purpose of the Panj Kakaar. Once you establish that and have a firm belief in them it shouldnt really matter whether they are on ones possession or not, like non-amritdharis who want to progress to amrit that is. If one doesnt know/understand/believe in these then what is the use in having them?? They are not mere symbols.

How can taking amrit be for others?- can you elaborate on this so that others and i can understand better, if thats ok. Cuz im thinking whoever takes amrit is taking it to show their love for God right and one shall also be rewarded for this through spiritual growth so how can others be benefitting from your spiritual growth-i hope that makes sense to you.

To me living truthfully means remembering God in all that i do,respecting and loving all as the light of God and sharing what i have with others.

you've got a lot of deep questions in your short post which cannot be answered by someone like me so try searching inside yourself as this is where all man's answers lie.

Also you should be looking to Guru Ji for your answers, im just telling you my thoughts & opinions which are worthless in comparison to the words of Guru Ji.

May God help you onto the true path

Ang Sang Waheguru.

Bhul Chuk Marf Karni ji.

Replying to:

I am amritdhari...but it seems i am confused somewhat bout why i took the baptism..is it for others? to make them happy..to make them feel like i am mature? I dont know?? i want to know the truth bout amrit..

Re: Re: Re: Can a person live truthfully without the 5 k's?

the 5 k's are gifts given by the guru which HELP you and REMIND you to stay on the right path and they help you think of the sacrifices made by all of the sikhs that died for our future... amrit is the 'first date' with god - the initiation ceremony - you can't play on a basketball team no matter HOW good you are until you wear the uniform, once you wear the uniform you're a part of the team and you're united with them..

for more help with this, go to the q&a forum on www.sikhnet.com, and also ask on the message boards at www.tapoban.org and www.sikhawareness.com

Replying to:

Raj Jee...Waheguru Jee ka khalsa Waheguru Jee Ki Fateh! I am 15-years-old. Very pleased to recieve ur input on my topic....

I have a complete understanding of ur words full of advice...but i guess i needed to ask my questions more clearly...

I see ur point in takin the baptism for my love for God...but the the questions bout the panj kakaar taht guru Gobind Singh jee set still arise in my mind...

First...i can kno God witout the 5 k's.....i start to think.. Is all this necesary to know God..Then i think this...that its so complicated for todays generaion to bare all of this...God is suppose to be in the heart ryte?? i believe in phaat that makes u wise and more closer to Vaheguru Jee..but i dont understand the 5k's.Maybe im all wrong bout this..but how can u rely on history?? Plz do consider my thoughts and send a reply..maybe u can give me a better understanding of what u really think...

Maybe by chatting???

Thanks...

Replying to:

Dear Bhenji,

This is jus what i thought of when i read your post so just take it as that. Firstly i would like to know your age as you talk about being mature?

The first thing that comes to mind is the purpose of the Panj Kakaar. Once you establish that and have a firm belief in them it shouldnt really matter whether they are on ones possession or not, like non-amritdharis who want to progress to amrit that is. If one doesnt know/understand/believe in these then what is the use in having them?? They are not mere symbols.

How can taking amrit be for others?- can you elaborate on this so that others and i can understand better, if thats ok. Cuz im thinking whoever takes amrit is taking it to show their love for God right and one shall also be rewarded for this through spiritual growth so how can others be benefitting from your spiritual growth-i hope that makes sense to you.

To me living truthfully means remembering God in all that i do,respecting and loving all as the light of God and sharing what i have with others.

you've got a lot of deep questions in your short post which cannot be answered by someone like me so try searching inside yourself as this is where all man's answers lie.

Also you should be looking to Guru Ji for your answers, im just telling you my thoughts & opinions which are worthless in comparison to the words of Guru Ji.

May God help you onto the true path

Ang Sang Waheguru.

Bhul Chuk Marf Karni ji.

Replying to:

I am amritdhari...but it seems i am confused somewhat bout why i took the baptism..is it for others? to make them happy..to make them feel like i am mature? I dont know?? i want to know the truth bout amrit..