VOICE OF SIKH YOUTH
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Muslims

Sat Sri Akal,
I go to washington state university and there is not a big indian community. Most of the indian community is muslim. I am having a hard time finding love for them in my heart for I remember what the moghul empire has done in the past to us. I know it doesnt relate to the present muslims but I still have hatred towards them. I am trying to remove it but what is scaring me is the fact that they are the fastest growing religion in the world. I am not sure but arent they still trying to convert people in pakistan? I dont know why people are joining that religion. People from our religion convert to theirs. I am scared for our religion's future and what should I do?
Sat sri akal

Re: Muslims, Pakistan and " Terrorist Martyr" Bhindranwale

Well plz search for my post (July 2003) and you will see a few funny replies to it. I asked a question about how do the sikhs abroad feel about a common criminal, terrorist and a drug addict like Bhindranwale whose gang of thugs went around happily bombing buses, trains, planes etc in the most dastardly terror campaigns in the mid-80s resulting in desecration of the Golden Temple and then culminating in the 84 riots. Due to such terrorists so many of Sikhs died and became object of hatred. Now, if you see the replies, you would find that the guys who replied were full of emotions, no substance and at least one supported what Pakistan did for you cause. You can then get back to me with your views.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Sat Sri Akal,
I go to washington state university and there is not a big indian community. Most of the indian community is muslim. I am having a hard time finding love for them in my heart for I remember what the moghul empire has done in the past to us. I know it doesnt relate to the present muslims but I still have hatred towards them. I am trying to remove it but what is scaring me is the fact that they are the fastest growing religion in the world. I am not sure but arent they still trying to convert people in pakistan? I dont know why people are joining that religion. People from our religion convert to theirs. I am scared for our religion's future and what should I do?
Sat sri akal

Re: Re: Muslims, Pakistan and " Terrorist Martyr" Bhindranwale

Hello Jonty,
First of all, I would like to explain politely that a sikh is still a sikh, although he is living abroad.
Now, you asked,"How do the sikhs abroad feel about a common criminal, terrorist and a drug addict like Bhindranwale whose gang of thugs went around happily bombing buses, trains, planes etc." I will start my answer with a question to you'Have you ever given it a thought that why all this happened in 1984? Sikhs in India are minority and they have been given the label of being thugs by the Indian constitution. Tell me one thing, would you tolerate if someone blames you of the things that you've never done? Your answer probably will be, no. Same thing applies to Bhindranwale. It is just my suggestion to you that you've not been unbiased in your question. Bhindranwale cannot be accused of being a terrorist,thug or drug addict. You would not have used these words if you knew, 'what it means to be a sikh?'

I apologize saying to you that you should research upon sikh religion before you make any kind of decision about Bhindranwale or Indian Government. Now, if you search over the internet, you cannot find move that 1% people who will say Bhindranwale was wrong. Just for your kind information, Bhindranwale was the head of Damdami Taksal and a saint, not a thug.

Re: Re: Re: Muslims, Pakistan and " Terrorist Martyr" Bhindranwale

Listen mate, I have discussed the merits of Bindranwale's 'sainthood' at lenghth over many fora esp., the current one at www.5knet.com forum. I have given a million and half (if not more) arguments to prove (and drive home) my point. In return, I have been shouted against, but no one from the Bhindranwale Fan Club came forward to refute whatever I had to say with facts. Time and again the 1984 riots are pointed out for justifying the rein of terror Bhindranwale carried out. However, the guys who are obviously devoid of history would know that it was Bhindranwale who instigated the Indian Government to seige the revered temple thus antagonizing the Sikh youth against the Establishment helped upon by sermonizing gutter literature and a campaign of brainwash. BHINDRANWALE DIED BEFORE THE RIOTS. THE RIOTS WAS A DIRECT RESULT OF BHINDRANWALE'S CAMPAIGN OF TERROR RESULTING IN THE ATTACK ON THE GOLDEN TEMPLE AND THE SUBSEQUENT ASSASSINATION OF INDIRA GANDHI THAT PROMPTED THE HIDEOUS MURDERS OF HUNDREDS OF INNOCENT SIKHS.
Being eulogized and cannonized by the present Damdami Taksal means nothing as the present tenents of the House are morally degraded bunch of opportunistic thieves. The Taksal is not the same as it was founded by the Great Guru. It has eroded substantially in every sphere and the current leaders are no better than circus clowns. It is akin to followers of Osama bin Laden comparing and exhalting the terror mastermind to the next prophet in line. Why? Because according to them (and Osama bin Laden) himself, he is the truest Muslim alive and is 'furthering' the Prophet's cause. So don't be ridiculous. You have to educate yourself on Sikh history a bit before comparing a common thug, bandit and a terror mastermind with the Great Saints in the annals of the glorious history of Sikh Saints and warriors. Comparing Bhindranwale to them is nothing short of blasphemy. Wouldn't you agree? Well, you may not, but I stand firm on my views so as 99% of Indian population and one but all the nations in the world.

Re: Muslims

I am from Alaska, where there is also NOT many indians. But I know a few muslims, some are my friends and I love them, but some act like gangsters, and they are the ones that I look down upon. It reminds me of the old times, and reminds me of the horrific death of dear Guru Arjun Dev Ji. I dont know how to take that anger away when I see them, and feel that this world is beyond our control, and they are taking over.

Re: Re: Muslims

p.s. I dont hate them, I just have pain from the past, and dont blame present muslims, but some really need to change.