VOICE OF SIKH YOUTH
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A Celestial Revelation

A Celestial Revelation Reviews

Dear forum members,

I have provided information you may be interested in the release of the following book, which can be bought on Amazon. Co.uk, Waterstones Online, Tesco.com, the Bookplace.co.uk and Bol.com. The book is here

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1904018769/

Title 'A Celestial Revelation’
(Uncovering the mystery of ancient Christian Prophecy)

(ISBN) 1-904018-76-9

Pen Press Publishing Ltd

Author Andrew G Frew

This is an informed and informative work that examines the Book of Revelation and the apocalyptic writings of Daniel, and considers their spiritual messages within a modern-day context, particularly (and topically) with regard to the future of the state of Israel and the art of ancient astrology. The author is clearly quite erudite. Alongside his in-depth knowledge of his chosen Biblical texts, he reaches further afield to draw allegorical comparisons between the Book of Revelation and historical events such as the French revolution, as well as Greek and Roman mythology.

Comments so far.

Remember when you were a kid and your bedtime came too early - too early to finish the great book you were reading? Those were the nights to pull out a flashlight and read under the covers. Now that I set my own bedtime, I still find myself sometimes staying up later than I should, reading an engaging book. No matter how sleepy I am the next morning, it's almost always worth it.

Such a book is 'A Celestial Revelation’ by Andrew G Frew - a first time author by the way! I could not put it down; it was such an enthralling read, from the first page to the last! Don?t be put off by the title and the contents, I almost was, but I am pleased I wasn?t. ?

Blade. (Tiscali book forum)

The book is actually a narrative on the Book of Revelation, the last book in the New Testament, and relates each chapter to astrological symbolism. For anyone who's read Revelation, it is probably the oddest book in the New Testament - most of the NT is written on a seemingly literal level as a straightforward narrative; Revelation is clearly in a different mould altogether, with lots of bizarre imagery and is obviously allegorical. Whatever your views of astrology may be, an astrological worldview was clearly part of the mindset of 2,000 years ago, so I think it's very plausible that the allegory would include astrological references (as does much of the bible).

The author has brought these connections out in a very clear and readable fashion - many biblical narratives are very scholarly, but incredibly "dry" to read - "A Celestial Revelation" is not like that at all; it's a gripping read."

Chris Mitchell (Karls forum)

"have, over the years, read many interpretations of the Book of Revelation in the New Testament. This book by Andrew G. Frew gives a whole new insight into the meaning of the bible words. It is very clearly laid out, well written, and I found it quite fascinating. The author obviously has considerable knowledge of many things. Religion, History and Astrology are combined in a smooth flowing and admirable way. At the end of Mr. Frew's book, I simply wanted to read "more" by him. This book is a 'must' for all scholars of the bible, and especially those interested in the astrological influences observed by man since the beginning of time.”

Sphinx (BC forums)