List of Contents: Lesson Plans, Worksheets, Unit Studies, Book Reviews, Thematic units ...Support Articles: Learning Disabilities, Teaching Methods, Learning Skills,  How to get Hired and Miscellaneous...FAQ's, How To's, and What Now's. Hopefully, you know the why's! :)
Everyone needs a little help now and then.
Home is where we start from.Consultant DirectorySecure ordering available for Workbooks, Lesson Plans, Supplies, ... Specializing in American Sign Language Message Board, Polling Booth, Jigsaw Puzzles, ...

Message Board

Feel free to ask your questions, post your problems, and/or join in any threads already posted.

Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
signing

i am doing a presentation on the four seasons. I can't find the sign for season. also, what i have found is not that descriptive--can u help with a web cite or even the signs themselves.

Re: signing

Here's what I have in my notes from Elaine's answer to a similar question:

"season: From The Perigee Visual Dictionary of Signing by Rod Butterworth and Mickey Flodin. Here is what they say: "Rotate the thumb side of the right "s" hand in a circle on the left flat palm."
Let me add a few notes to that: The left hand is held in front of the body, fingertips pointing upward, palm facing to the right. The right "s" hand is going to make the circle forward and then back as you pull it toward you."

We do have sketches for the seasons' signs here: http://www.lessontutor.com/ees_time_pt2.html but you're right, we do not have word descriptions for those answers done yet. Slowly, very slowly I'm working through the lessons.