Return to Website

Kev's MARTIAL ART forum

Queries about martial techniques and nunchaku moves mayb raised here!

Kev's MARTIAL ART forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Giving these people to much to think about.

Well for one thing your giving people way to many directions. Telling them how to have a stance is just what Bruce didn't wan't to happen. In Bruce's philosophy of Jeet, he specifically states because I or somebody else does it one way doesn't mean it will work for you. Let them get in a stance they feal is comfortable and let them discover themself. Btw Bruce got his power from driving the punch from the hip. You drive the punch from the hip in moving your hip in the direction of the punch. You also need to make sure you snap the elbow instead of making contact with the object and then locking the elbow. This makes all the force hit at once. If you lock your elbow all your doing is pushing the opponent. Bruce also didn't believe in exploiting the enemy and looking them over to find a weekness. That involves to much thought which is getting away from his thoughts on simplicity. You simply need to look for an opponing and take it. If you try to predict your opponent or bog yourself down by styles, you will find yourself trying to move one way and not being able to. In short without a long explanation this is what I believe bruce meant. You can never lunge into any situation, it takes a thought to move an action whether or not you hear it in your head. You need to train yourself to be able to react to any situation so you can move the way you want when you want. ~Jeremiah~ You do not do this by what if he does this, you just simply work on speed and power, and when something happens instead of thinking about it you should try to get to the point where no thought occurs in your head you just do it.

Re: Giving these people to much to think about.

Hi Jeremiah! Thankyou 4 bringing the firstmartial art message I've been waiting for- much appreciated

Very good! I can see u have done much research on Jeet Kune Do. I suppose the way I write maybe misinterpreted, after all, who learns from a book. U need a proper Sifu to guide you! Notice I stated WHAT the "correct posture" does b4 I go on explaining a stance that I can work with!

Did I make a mistake about Inch Force Power (one inch punch energy). You described short distance power pretty nicely. Where is it I have to amend???

Like you said in your message: U have to "LOOK" /search for an opening and take it. While I am perusing my opponent, I could also read some of his habits which will ONLY AID me.

TRAINING is Essential, u r right. Sparring with a partner is BEST odawise use a wooden dummy. Stamina and endurance is also important so don't neglect dat!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Well for one thing your giving people way to many directions. Telling them how to have a stance is just what Bruce didn't wan't to happen. In Bruce's philosophy of Jeet, he specifically states because I or somebody else does it one way doesn't mean it will work for you. Let them get in a stance they feal is comfortable and let them discover themself. Btw Bruce got his power from driving the punch from the hip. You drive the punch from the hip in moving your hip in the direction of the punch. You also need to make sure you snap the elbow instead of making contact with the object and then locking the elbow. This makes all the force hit at once. If you lock your elbow all your doing is pushing the opponent. Bruce also didn't believe in exploiting the enemy and looking them over to find a weekness. That involves to much thought which is getting away from his thoughts on simplicity. You simply need to look for an opponing and take it. If you try to predict your opponent or bog yourself down by styles, you will find yourself trying to move one way and not being able to. In short without a long explanation this is what I believe bruce meant. You can never lunge into any situation, it takes a thought to move an action whether or not you hear it in your head. You need to train yourself to be able to react to any situation so you can move the way you want when you want. ~Jeremiah~ You do not do this by what if he does this, you just simply work on speed and power, and when something happens instead of thinking about it you should try to get to the point where no thought occurs in your head you just do it.