www.Inrecovery.org.uk

Welcome To Our Forum

In recovery
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Danger Signals

Hi Jim

Would be good if Danger Signals could be posted . A difficult pamphlet to find and not seen very often now

I will get a copy for you

brianh

Re: Danger Signals

Thanks Brian.

Hi Brian,

When I came to AA my sponsor gave me this card (which I lost unfortunately) with the danger signals on it.
As you rightly say it`s not something you see so often now.

1. Start MISSING meetings for any reason, real or imaginary
2. Become CRITICAL of the methods used by other members who may not agree with you in everything.
3.Nurse the idea that someday, somehow, you can drink
again and become A CONTROLLED DRINKER!
4. Let the other fellow do the 12th Step work in your
group. YOU ARE TOO BUSY.
5. Become conscious of YOUR A.A. SENIORITY and view every new member with a skeptical and jaundiced eye.
6. Become so pleased with YOUR OWN VIEWS of the
programme that you consider yourself an ELDER STATEMAN.
7. Start a SMALL CLIQUE within your own group, composed only of a few members who see eye to eye with you.
8. Tell the new member in confidence that you yourself do not take the 12 Steps seriously.
9. Let your mind dwell more and more on how much you are helping others RATHER THAN ON HOW MUCH A.A. is helping you.
10. IF AN UNFORTUNATE MEMBER HAS A SLIP, drop him at once.
11. Cultivate the habit of borrowing money from other members, and THEN STAY AWAY FROM THE MEETINGS to avoid embarrassment.
12. Look upon the 24 hour plan as a vital thing for new members, but not for yourself. You have outgrown the need of that long ago.

Jim

I'll check with the shop over here to see if they have it, will an order for 1000 be enough

I'd be really interested in seeing "Danger Signals" on site - as I would in seeing anything else that is relevant.

With me, it's one thing to have reams of paper & half a rainforest in leaflet form which is all well in itself. But whenever Im away, having stuff immediately available via. site as opposed to humping everything to my destination, risking losing valued leaflets/brochures is infinately easier.

Take Care All
Col.

Hi Col.

Your wish is my command. I have put the danger signs and the "just for today" onto the site.
See link on home page.

Jim