www.Inrecovery.org.uk

Welcome To Our Forum

In recovery
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Recovered _ Not Cured

There Is A Solution AAs Big Book page 17

We of Alcoholics Anonymous know thousands of men and women who were Once just as hopeless as Bill . Nearly all have recovered . They have solved the drink problem

Just for today I havent craved alcohol or been obsessed by alcohol therefore just for today I have solved the drink problem

brianh

Re: Recovered _ Not Cured

Thanks for the msg Brian. It hearkens back to my own personal strategy of taking things 3 days at a time ie; sober yesterday, sober so far today; and hope to be sober tomorrow. But I'm realistic enough to appreciate that our mutual "cunning, baffling enemy" could creep up on me anytime.
I can also never consider myself recovered or recovering as, for me, those words carry a suggestion of cured - something I'll never be. Like my brain injury & the resultant epilepsy, I'm an alcoholic and that is with for life - but that way of thought stops me becoming complacent - and that's where my dangers lie in wait.
Take Care
Col

Re: Recovered _ Not Cured

Hi Col

What I have recovered from is a hopeless state of mind and body .When I attended AA for the first time I went in to that meeting hopeless and came out with hope even though I didnt understand that at that time
brianh