Return to Website

www.Inrecovery.org.uk

Welcome To Our Forum

In recovery
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Just another Day

I got sober in June and with my mind racing I worried what I would do over Christmas and New Year . At that time I told AA members what I was thinking and they said Christmas is just another day and over the years I know it is and for an alcoholic it can be Christmas every day as far as booze is concerned . At Christmas lots of works parties and everything prevailing around booze takes place more than during the year so we need to remain vigilant

brianh

Re: Just another Day

Hi Brian,

I was the exact same when I came to the fellowship in April 1990, panicking about Summer holidays, Christmas etc.
In the beginning I found it difficult to live "one day at a time" but over the years it becomes a way of life. This year, as in every year around this time, I double my efforts and get to many more meetings. I find the more meetings I attend, the easier it is. I now enjoy and look forward to Christmas, although I would prefer it to end on Boxing day and not drag on into the New Year.

God Bless,
Jim

Hi Jim

Great thing for me was telling all my work colleagues I didnt drink and why . It took away the problem of lying and making excuses and being invited to booze ups etc . Also gave me the freedom of going or staying at home or whatever . That may not be for everyone but it worked for me

brianh

Hi Brian,

Everyone who knows me know that I don`t drink, and nobody questions my reasons anymore.
It is great to be able to do what is good for YOU over the festive season without worrying what other folk may think about you.

Jim