Welcome To Our Forum

In recovery
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Intergroups

From The AA Service Handbook Of Great Britain

Aims

The aim of an Intergroup are to aid the constituent Groups in their common purpose of carrying AAs message to the still suffering alcoholic and by using their combined strength and unity to improve and maintain good relations with All organisations in the comunity

brianh

Re: Intergroups

Having been involved in Intergroup in my local area now for over 10 years, I have noticed that many of the positions available every year are not being rotated.
This is due to many groups not sending delegates to Intergroup, and newer members are not getting "12 stepped" into the various rolls.

Has anyone had similar things occurring at their local Intergroups?

JIM C

Re: Intergroups

I have to confess that there are times when institutions like Intergroup, etc. get a mite too complex/almost political for a simple soul like yours truly.
I say "simple" coz that's the way I prefer to look at myself - put simply I'm an alcoholic, having "enjoyed" a very successful alcoholic career! I'm still a drunk, in my own mind I'll always be a drunk (it has to be like that as it's the only way I can police my sobriety to the extent I demand of myself).
However, over the last 12 years or so Ive also enjoyed a successful sober career (up 'til today, at least as I can't promise what tomorrow may bring - although it's not my intention to take a drink).
But all I have achieved is through the freindships and support - even the laughs - I've enjoyed with a wonderful site such as this and even more wonderful folk as 'you lot'!
thanks guys!
Col.