Welcome To Our Forum

In recovery
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
How did you enjoy Christmas this year?

Hi All,

How was the Christmas break for you?

At this time of year I always get to double the amount of meetings in the week that I would normally go to, and I had a great time on Christmas day, and I am enjoying getting a rest this week before having to go back to work.

I think the fact that I had many meetings helped me me with my patience and tolerance, when everyone around me was a bit stressed.
Thak God for the fellowship and the members keeping the doors open over this trying period.

Jim C

Re: How did you enjoy Christmas this year?

Hi Jim,
I spent Christmas day at my inlaws - 'nuff said! But I was sober and able to drive people about and be responsible. My wife could relax and enjoy herself; she deserves it. She's one of those strange social drinkers. Three glasses of wine and she stops!
I've also been to more meetings now that I'm off til 11th Jan, including the excellent (and newish) Old Kilpatrick Saturday night meeting.
All thanks to AA. Hope New Year will be the same, ODAAT.

Re: How did you enjoy Christmas this year?

Hi Jim & All. Happy New Year to everyone & I hope everyone enjoyed a peaceful, restful and rewarding holiday. Ours started off fairly chaotically. Couldn't fly into Amsterdam (snowbound); Didn't get luggage for 4 days & am now in Cork (having gone the long way round) looking unlikely to get home when we'd like to - but I'm in no rush!
Have had a wonderful Weinhnachsfest with my wife & especially 'kids. Tho' not as much snow as there seems to be in Northumberland!
Enjoyed, very much, the Fellowship mtgs I only get to 1 or 2 x yearly and which are always brilliant occasions. Thinking back over the years I would never have thought I could have such a wonderful Crimbo, stone cold sober, as opposed to getting totally rat-faced as a pre-requisite!
Dont know when I'll get home - as as home means work, I dont really care! (New Year resolution is to get made redundant anyway!).
Happy 2010 everyone. I wish you all that you wish yourselves.
Col.