Return to Website

www.Inrecovery.org.uk

Welcome To Our Forum

In recovery
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Vigilance now that the Festive season is over.

I find that I don`t seem to have had a problem with my thinking over the festive season. I do however always remember that the time to be vigilant is now.

Now that things have settled down and people are not so manic I know I must remember to keep getting to my meetings.
It`s strange how we can cope with hectic periods in our lives with ease, but it`s the little things that can set us off.

Re: Vigilance now that the Festive season is over.

Got it succinctly, Nurse Jim. Complacency is my second "cunning & powerful" enemy. It would be so easy & simple to let my guard down, even when sober since 1997 - but such a fall would bring consequences that Im not even prepared to take the slightest gamble on (and they dont even include the loss of my sobriety & sanity).
Getting to a couple of mtgs whilst in Cork and wouldn't get to any if I were home - everyone is snowed in! Hence 'phone, laptop, etc. come into their own!
Take Care
Col

Re: Vigilance now that the Festive season is over.

re vigilance.my old sponcer(easterhouse george)told
me to watch oot for the JANUARY SALES.as thats the time when the alcoholic lets their gaurd down now that the festivities are over and they sail out the
aa door about the 2nd week of january.get more meetings in NOW.
best wishes to all my aa frinds dowm dumbarton
and renton area.hope to see yous all soon.