Return to Website

www.Inrecovery.org.uk

Welcome To Our Forum

In recovery
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fireside AA

As a newcomer people invited me to their homes after a meeting or on a designated night either during the week or weekend .There were lots of people there and we had tea or coffee and some food . What I liked best being a newcomer I could ask questions that I couldnt ask at meetings

With everyone being busy these days I do miss fireside AA

brianh

Re: Fireside AA

Yes Brian, some things are slipping away from the fellowship and fireside AA seems to be one of them. Another is gratitute in some quarters. What I mean by this is, when I came to the fellowship 20 years ago and was working as program chairman for my home group, I never had a problem getting top tables. I would ask 1 or 2 and someone would say yes. Our program chairman had 43 "knock backs" last week. Some older members stating that they don`t do tables any more.Have you noticed any lack of gratitute slipping into the fellowship over the years??

Jim

Re: Fireside AA

Hi Jim

I am and have been involved in service in AA since I was six months sober .As a newcomer the older AA members guided me in to service ensuring I was aware of AAs traditions and guidelines and I could ask for help and advice which was freely given . At that time too most of the positions in Intergroups were filled and people rotated after their period of service was finished and guided another AA member in to service.I am a great believer it is not what we done yesterday or last week last month a year or five years ago that will keep us sober today and I have never read in any of AAs litreature I have done my bit for AA.It is easy to sit at an AA meeting and say I am glad to be here and glad to be sober for me Gratitude means action. Something I havent heard said at meetings for a long time GOYA

brianh