Return to Website

Gabbot Reunion Web Forum

If its you first time in a forum it's easy. Lave a message, thought or memory and then check back in a few days to see if anyone has left a reply.

Gabbot Reunion Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
In Memory

I have today been advised that Mr Bond, our year Tutor, passed away on the 16th November 2002. This subject is for those of you who wish to add your condolences or indeed your memories for Mr Bond.

For me Mr Bonds humility towards others and living the school moto to the full have served me well over the last 20 years or so, and my thoughts are with his family who will miss him deeply but in time gather strength from the values he bought into their lives at home, as he did ours in the classroom.

Steve

Re: In Memory

I was a Gabbott back in the 70s ,left in 1974 .Mr Bond was our form master then ,he was a great teacher ,he was near our own ages back then this made him more like one of the guys than a teacher ! He shall be missed.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I have today been advised that Mr Bond, our year Tutor, passed away on the 16th November 2002. This subject is for those of you who wish to add your condolences or indeed your memories for Mr Bond.

For me Mr Bonds humility towards others and living the school moto to the full have served me well over the last 20 years or so, and my thoughts are with his family who will miss him deeply but in time gather strength from the values he bought into their lives at home, as he did ours in the classroom.

Steve

I fondly remember Mr Bond as my Woodwork teacher, and to this day my mother still uses the spatula and the spice rack that I made under his eagle eye.

Although I was not one of his more gifted students, Mr Bond was always patient and encouraging and, I remember thinking at the time, even a little reckless letting me loose on the bandsaw!

My thoughts are with his family

Replying to:

Steve

sad to read the news. Remember that he headed a ski trip to Francein 1978(?) with Miss Goodson. A small pioneering party in the French Alps. the following year it was a huge trip, Was a good bloke

Replying to:

Steve

I'm sorry to hear this, truly.

Other than Mr Subhi and Mr Hilder, the only teacher I respected at that nightmare of a school (only joking.. naturally)

He was a good guy, never raised his voice to me once. Which is more than I can say about the delighful Mr Saunders... now he was the best teacher ever I think.

Replying to:

Steve