Rant On Webzine...

...Promoting the local music scene! Welcome to our forum! If you have any news of your own, feel free to add it on our forum!

Rant On Webzine...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tuesday! Tuesday! Tues-day! Like...

Baby baby baby! This coming Tuesday (August the 3rd) sees Midsomer Norton’s answer to Midsomer Norton, The House of Lords, walking to a van and getting into it before driving to Bristol and then playing an exciting live concert (full original line-up! In person!) at the Lousiana, Bristol.

Further bands performing are theses bunches of guys: Le Scour and Dukes of Dirt. It all kicks off at 8PM. You are invited to what could turn out to be your chance (or ‘golden opportunity’ if you prefer) to learn the lyrics to new hit ‘My Baby’s Dating Hitler’s Ghost’ before the The House of Lords Purr concert with the 5678s, Fog Band and A-Lines later in the month, thus impressing your soulmate, who will be in attendance it is alleged.

Louisiana, Bristol, Tuesday August the 3rd, 8PM
Tickets: http://www.ents24.com/web/artist/73605/The_House_Of_Lords.html
Dress with success

(If you have yet to witness The House of Lords you may wish to co-opt one of the following handy randomly picked opinions before attending:

"The House Of Lords are an excellent band. It's about the smartest dumbest pop thing I've seen for about 10 years. The sort of thing that's so simple and obvious it's just plain gorgeous" – Delia Dansette, Artrocker

"Humour in music seldom works well, unless you're going for out and out comedy but the House Of Lords manage well with a sort of subtle humour that you might not even notice, which is a very good thing... They sound something like a pop version of Sonic Youth, if you can imagine such a thing with a twist of The Fall thrown in for good measure. It's a noisy maelstrom of sonic chaos but with excellent songwriting skills holding it all together. Key changes, subtle little harmonies and even a bird song solo” – Karl Wareham, CD Times

"The House of Lords were cheeky favourites onstage and they remain so on record... they are simple, uncomplicated, with great songs that are bound to make you smile. I mean, for starters, they are called The House of Lords – and have an eponymous song that won’t let you forget it. Nor will you forget the marvellously stupid early Beach Boy ‘who-o-oh’s that drill into your head and make you sing along like a gibbering idiot. A Little Bit Of Bread With No Cheese is equally sing-alongable, but wistfully affecting, a bit like The Clash’s Stay Free. A fine band, no matter what anyone says" – Charley Dunlap, Bath Time

"Man, who cares if I never got to see the Sex Pistols in their prime - these 'wild animals of rock' more than make up for it" – Hellion Hill, Reviews, Moles.co.uk

“Unusually pastoral Misfits acolytes” – Bbc.co.uk)

Favourite band? Ce'cile

Re: Tuesday! Tuesday! Tues-day! Like...

Calci-yummy!