Rant On Webzine...

...Promoting the local music scene! Welcome to our forum! If you have any news of your own, feel free to add it on our forum!

Rant On Webzine...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
MIGHTY STARS PLAY THEE WUNDER BAR 18th DEC

The Mighty Stars will be touting their very special brand of girl-fuelled garage beatpunk at the Midsomer Norton's Wunder Bar on Saturday 18th December. It's free entry too so hurrah!!

http://mightystars.50megs.com

The Mighty Stars are the gleeful pop silver lining to the mainstream misery cloud that is Keane. VENUE

Timeless pop that is part-Undertones and part-Buzzcocks but recorded on a 4 track in a garage. Of course the riffs are half inched and the songs naive but that's what makes it special. ROUGH TRADE

The Mighty Stars are a young band, but don't let that fool ya. They're not what I'd call a retro band, their brand of pop is certainly inspired by crunchy 60's mod rock, 70's mod punk, 80's jangly indie-pop as well as 90's pop punk. It's chunky and sloppy and fun in only the best of ways, and I'm unsure whether or not I think they need to bother to get better! I bet they're a lot of fun live, but until the day they come to your town, The Mighty Stars Are Go! will make you smile. I know I'm grinnin' like a happy moron right now! MUNDANE SOUNDS

Re: MIGHTY STARS PLAY THEE WUNDER BAR 18th DEC

this is tomorrow!