Welcome to the 66th Lowland Regiment RA (1939 - 1946)

Welcome to the 66th Lowland Regiment RA (1939 - 1946)
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
purpose of the site

I first became interested in the 66th because of an article I read in the local paper about the OCA having their final Reunion. This was because most of the Lads, were reaching an age when they were finding it rather difficult to get around and some were in failing health. I phoned the chairman who had placed the article and asked if I could come along, obviously the answer was yes so I went along and chatted to the Lads and asked if it would be okay to build the website in their Honour. As you have seen, everybody who could, contributed photos etc. I have kept in touch with 5 of the Lads and intend to contact them agail before the end of the month as I would like to show them the site, hopfully on a big screen in my companies board room. another plus when tracing ex members was the fact that my Father In Law actually served with the Regiment. I managed with the help of my Mother In Law, to contact the Army and she received a copy of his Army service documents. If I manage to receive any further photos / info etc, I will ensure that they are added to the site.