Return to Website

Ask the Nutritionist: Dr. Getty's Forum for Equine Nutrition

Welcome to my forum. 

Here you will find more than 6 years of questions and my answers. It is searchable and offers a great deal of information. 

Currently, I am discontinuing new questions. This may change in the future, but in the meantime, please know that It has been a true pleasure serving you. 

Take a look at my Nutrition Library and Tips of the Month for a variety of answers on selected topics. Be sure to sign up for my monthly e-newsletter, Forage for Thought

I also have a growing number of recordings on "Teleseminars on Nutrition Topics that Concern You" as well as the new, Spotlight on Equine Nutrition Series -- printed versions of favorite teleseminars.

And finally, look for my articles in a variety of local publications and online newsletters, as well as the Horse Journal, where I am the Contributing Nutrition Editor.  

All the best,

Dr. Getty 

Ask the Nutritionist: Dr. Getty's Forum for Equine Nutrition
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Licorice.......?

Dr.Getty,
I found all the vitamins and herbs you suggested to give my horse with the breathing problem.
I hate to keep bothering you but I need to know how much of the licorice to give him. I can get it in pill or powder form. Thanks.........Terry

Where are you from? Georgia

Re: Licorice.......?

Hi Terry,

No bother at all!

Take a look at the dosage recommended for humans and give him 10 times that dosage, divided between meals. The powder form will likely be easier to administer than pills. There should also be a liquid version – that is the easiest to use. Keep in mind that this is a short term remedy; treat him for 7 to 10 days and see if there are changes. If not, we’ll try something else.

All the best,

Dr. Getty