Return to Website

Ask the Nutritionist: Dr. Getty's Forum for Equine Nutrition

Welcome to my forum. 

Here you will find more than 6 years of questions and my answers. It is searchable and offers a great deal of information. 

Currently, I am discontinuing new questions. This may change in the future, but in the meantime, please know that It has been a true pleasure serving you. 

Take a look at my Nutrition Library and Tips of the Month for a variety of answers on selected topics. Be sure to sign up for my monthly e-newsletter, Forage for Thought

I also have a growing number of recordings on "Teleseminars on Nutrition Topics that Concern You" as well as the new, Spotlight on Equine Nutrition Series -- printed versions of favorite teleseminars.

And finally, look for my articles in a variety of local publications and online newsletters, as well as the Horse Journal, where I am the Contributing Nutrition Editor.  

All the best,

Dr. Getty 

Ask the Nutritionist: Dr. Getty's Forum for Equine Nutrition
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Help with re-formulating horses diets

Hi Dr. Getty!!
Thank you for the prompt response! I am counting down the hours until their move (which is tomorrow at noon!!). It's been very hard sitting on this for the last week knowing that there was light at the end of the tunnel but it had to wait! I hope everything can still turn around and my old girl can recover again. This new barn owner seems nice and especially knows her stuff when it comes to broodmares!
On a good note, I think we saw the baby move today! The pregnant mare moved off by herself (which is not a good sign for her-usually means she's sick) and me and my friend went to follow her to check her out. She ate her treats with the usual vigor, LOVED her scratching and her tummy rumbled. All appeared well except she kept glancing at her sides. My friend thought she saw the baby move so had me look too and sure enough, we saw a little "thump" from inside her!! Having had 4 kids myself, I can't think of what else it could be! I'm sure it's strange for her!
Thank you again, you are a great help! I will hopefully not be writing again except to tell you that the baby is born! I have ordered the book you recommended and it's coming for Christmas. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU!!