Return to Website

Ask the Nutritionist: Dr. Getty's Forum for Equine Nutrition

Welcome to my forum. 

Here you will find more than 6 years of questions and my answers. It is searchable and offers a great deal of information. 

Currently, I am discontinuing new questions. This may change in the future, but in the meantime, please know that It has been a true pleasure serving you. 

Take a look at my Nutrition Library and Tips of the Month for a variety of answers on selected topics. Be sure to sign up for my monthly e-newsletter, Forage for Thought

I also have a growing number of recordings on "Teleseminars on Nutrition Topics that Concern You" as well as the new, Spotlight on Equine Nutrition Series -- printed versions of favorite teleseminars.

And finally, look for my articles in a variety of local publications and online newsletters, as well as the Horse Journal, where I am the Contributing Nutrition Editor.  

All the best,

Dr. Getty 

Ask the Nutritionist: Dr. Getty's Forum for Equine Nutrition
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Equine nutritionist

I am interested in becoming an equine nutritionist aside from just a trainer. I think that part of overseeing a barn full of horses requires the knowledge of basic health care and nutrition. I am very interested in the field and constantly do my own research and experimenting. My question to you is what more can I do to become certified to have the actual credibility of being titled an equine nutritionist?

Where are you from? California

How did you locate this forum? web search

Re: Equine nutritionist

Hi Katie,

There is no formal “certification” to become an equine nutritionist however, the credibility is derived from your level of education in the field.
I am an equine nutritionist because I have a Master's degree and Ph.D. in the field. There are other equine nutritionists that have a bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in the field of animal science with an emphasis on equine nutrition.

So frankly, anyone can call themselves an equine nutritionist. That’s why it is important to research that person’s credentials. It does involve a college degree, and preferably, graduate degrees.

Is there more college in your future?

All the best,

Dr. Getty