Return to Website

Ask the Nutritionist: Dr. Getty's Forum for Equine Nutrition

Welcome to my forum. 

Here you will find more than 6 years of questions and my answers. It is searchable and offers a great deal of information. 

Currently, I am discontinuing new questions. This may change in the future, but in the meantime, please know that It has been a true pleasure serving you. 

Take a look at my Nutrition Library and Tips of the Month for a variety of answers on selected topics. Be sure to sign up for my monthly e-newsletter, Forage for Thought

I also have a growing number of recordings on "Teleseminars on Nutrition Topics that Concern You" as well as the new, Spotlight on Equine Nutrition Series -- printed versions of favorite teleseminars.

And finally, look for my articles in a variety of local publications and online newsletters, as well as the Horse Journal, where I am the Contributing Nutrition Editor.  

All the best,

Dr. Getty 

Ask the Nutritionist: Dr. Getty's Forum for Equine Nutrition
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Free choice minerals & natural horse vet products?

First let me say I am really glad I found this forum! Wonderful information. I was wondering if you had ever used any of the Natural Horse Vet's products? or ABC'S (Advanced Biological Concept's)products? Do you every recommend the free choice of salt's or other supplements?

Thank You
BJ

Where are you from? Florida

How did you locate this forum? Researching nutrition

Re: Free choice minerals & natural horse vet products?

Hello BJ,

Thank you! I’m delighted that you are enjoying the site.

I have heard of Advanced Biological Concepts and tried to look at the ingredients for their products. However, they do not list them on their website. From what I could gather, these products are made from vitamins, minerals, and/or herbs. And, from that perspective, they are just as natural as other vitamin/mineral supplements. So, I have every reason to believe that they are wholesome. My only concern would be the amount and types of herbs that are used. Herbs are medicinal, and as such, they can interact with each other, other nutrients, and with medications. So, their use should be carefully monitored.

All the best,

Dr. Getty