Return to Website

Ask the Nutritionist: Dr. Getty's Forum for Equine Nutrition

Welcome to my forum. 

Here you will find more than 6 years of questions and my answers. It is searchable and offers a great deal of information. 

Currently, I am discontinuing new questions. This may change in the future, but in the meantime, please know that It has been a true pleasure serving you. 

Take a look at my Nutrition Library and Tips of the Month for a variety of answers on selected topics. Be sure to sign up for my monthly e-newsletter, Forage for Thought

I also have a growing number of recordings on "Teleseminars on Nutrition Topics that Concern You" as well as the new, Spotlight on Equine Nutrition Series -- printed versions of favorite teleseminars.

And finally, look for my articles in a variety of local publications and online newsletters, as well as the Horse Journal, where I am the Contributing Nutrition Editor.  

All the best,

Dr. Getty 

Ask the Nutritionist: Dr. Getty's Forum for Equine Nutrition
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Best way to fatten a horse

Well I have a horse and he id kinda poor and i just got him the other day how would you reccomend me to fatten him up?

thanx
crystal

Where are you from? North Carolina

How did you locate this forum? just looking

Re: Best way to fatten a horse

Hello Crystal,

Well, once you have ruled out any medical problems, I would suggest you start by adding Ration Plus to his diet. This prebiotic boosts the overall health of the bacteria that live in the horse’s hind gut, thereby allowing more nutrients to be absorbed into the bloodstream. I have had a great deal of success using this product for weight gain. You can read more about it on my website store.

So, keep me posted on how he is doing!

All the best,

Dr. Getty