Return to Website

Ask the Nutritionist: Dr. Getty's Forum for Equine Nutrition

Welcome to my forum. 

Here you will find more than 6 years of questions and my answers. It is searchable and offers a great deal of information. 

Currently, I am discontinuing new questions. This may change in the future, but in the meantime, please know that It has been a true pleasure serving you. 

Take a look at my Nutrition Library and Tips of the Month for a variety of answers on selected topics. Be sure to sign up for my monthly e-newsletter, Forage for Thought

I also have a growing number of recordings on "Teleseminars on Nutrition Topics that Concern You" as well as the new, Spotlight on Equine Nutrition Series -- printed versions of favorite teleseminars.

And finally, look for my articles in a variety of local publications and online newsletters, as well as the Horse Journal, where I am the Contributing Nutrition Editor.  

All the best,

Dr. Getty 

Ask the Nutritionist: Dr. Getty's Forum for Equine Nutrition
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Horse suffered fr COPD

Hi Dr. getty,

My 13yr old mare suffered COPD 4 yrs ago b4 i bought her. She has dis terrible difficulty breathin problem n coughin then. It took 1 yr for her 2 recover by herself n she was fine until 3 mths ago. She was i think infected by other coughin horses n dis symtoms started again. I was wonderin bsides medication, is there any supplements dat can help COPD?

Where are you from? Brunei

How did you locate this forum? Thru

Re: Horse suffered fr COPD

Hello Aman,

There are a few things you can do for COPD. First, make sure her bedding is not dusty and it is kept clean. She also needs to have fresh, clean water available at all times. And, it may help to wet her hay before feeding it to her, in order to remove any dust.

The best supplements you can offer her are antioxidants – vitamins C and E in particular. There is also a product called Noni Juice, if you have it available in your area, that is very helpful.

Thank you for writing!

All the best,

Dr. Getty

Re: Horse suffered fr COPD

Hi Dr. Getty,

Thank u 4 ur suggestion..I wil try 2 find if there's any Noni juice available here. Btw, dis is really a gd website, keep it up!

All da best !!

Regards,
Aman

Where are you from? Brunei

How did you locate this forum? Thru EquiSearch