Return to Website

Ask the Nutritionist: Dr. Getty's Forum for Equine Nutrition

Welcome to my forum. 

Here you will find more than 6 years of questions and my answers. It is searchable and offers a great deal of information. 

Currently, I am discontinuing new questions. This may change in the future, but in the meantime, please know that It has been a true pleasure serving you. 

Take a look at my Nutrition Library and Tips of the Month for a variety of answers on selected topics. Be sure to sign up for my monthly e-newsletter, Forage for Thought

I also have a growing number of recordings on "Teleseminars on Nutrition Topics that Concern You" as well as the new, Spotlight on Equine Nutrition Series -- printed versions of favorite teleseminars.

And finally, look for my articles in a variety of local publications and online newsletters, as well as the Horse Journal, where I am the Contributing Nutrition Editor.  

All the best,

Dr. Getty 

Ask the Nutritionist: Dr. Getty's Forum for Equine Nutrition
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Rice hull

Hi Dr. Getty,

Yesterday I started to feed my horse a small amount of rice hull,and he loves it. Is it good for his diet being feed by this rice hull? Is it not bad to his stomach or any other part of his digestive system?

Where are you from? Philippines

How did you locate this forum? surching the net

Re: Rice hull

Hi Herbert,

Rice hulls are high in fiber, which is easily digested by the bacteria living in the hind gut. It is a safe feed, when added to other roughage sources (grass hay and legume hay, such as alfalfa). Add a multiple vitamin/mineral supplement and you're all set!

All the best,

Dr. Getty

Re: Rice hull

Hello,

Thank you Dr. Getty for now I'm confident to feed him this rice hull.