Return to Website

Ask the Nutritionist: Dr. Getty's Forum for Equine Nutrition

Welcome to my forum. 

Here you will find more than 6 years of questions and my answers. It is searchable and offers a great deal of information. 

Currently, I am discontinuing new questions. This may change in the future, but in the meantime, please know that It has been a true pleasure serving you. 

Take a look at my Nutrition Library and Tips of the Month for a variety of answers on selected topics. Be sure to sign up for my monthly e-newsletter, Forage for Thought

I also have a growing number of recordings on "Teleseminars on Nutrition Topics that Concern You" as well as the new, Spotlight on Equine Nutrition Series -- printed versions of favorite teleseminars.

And finally, look for my articles in a variety of local publications and online newsletters, as well as the Horse Journal, where I am the Contributing Nutrition Editor.  

All the best,

Dr. Getty 

Ask the Nutritionist: Dr. Getty's Forum for Equine Nutrition
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Searching for the right supplement, questions about HA

I have a 15 year old TB gelding who I got about one year ago. When I got him he was 500 pounds underweight and severly emaciated. He has gained almost all the weight he needs to and we are considering showing him next summer. There is just one problem, he has ongoing stifle issues which cause him to be shorter on one side than the other. He is currently on a gloucosamine, chondroitin, MSM supplement and receives a Hyluronate injection about every six months. The injections make him go sound for about a month, but I am trying to get away from those and am looking to try a supplement with the hyluronic acid in it as well. I noticed you had a couple on your website and was wondering if you could recommend a particular one.

Casper before (after gaining 100 pounds):
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Casper 11 months later:

and teaching my four year old neice to ride:

Where are you from? Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada

How did you locate this forum? google search

Re: Searching for the right supplement, questions about HA

Hi Heather,

Congratulations on doing such a wonderful job with him!

The supplement that I find to be the most effective is Actiflex 4000. It contains Hyaluronic acid, in addition to other important joint-healing substances. To ship it to Canada would be extra, so if you like, I'll provide you with that information.

If you have any questions about this product, please let me know.

All the best,

Dr. Getty