Return to Website

Ask the Nutritionist: Dr. Getty's Forum for Equine Nutrition

Welcome to my forum. 

Here you will find more than 6 years of questions and my answers. It is searchable and offers a great deal of information. 

Currently, I am discontinuing new questions. This may change in the future, but in the meantime, please know that It has been a true pleasure serving you. 

Take a look at my Nutrition Library and Tips of the Month for a variety of answers on selected topics. Be sure to sign up for my monthly e-newsletter, Forage for Thought

I also have a growing number of recordings on "Teleseminars on Nutrition Topics that Concern You" as well as the new, Spotlight on Equine Nutrition Series -- printed versions of favorite teleseminars.

And finally, look for my articles in a variety of local publications and online newsletters, as well as the Horse Journal, where I am the Contributing Nutrition Editor.  

All the best,

Dr. Getty 

Ask the Nutritionist: Dr. Getty's Forum for Equine Nutrition
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
feeding my irish draught x yearling

hi ive recently bought an 18 month old irish draught yearling hes being fed on chop and yooungstock mix once a day and haylage.. im wondering if this is adequate for him? or shud i try something new (obviously slowly and graudually) any help would be greatly appreciated.. oh hes about 14 hh maybe 14.2 at minute

Where are you from? blackpool (uk)

How did you locate this forum? search engine

Re: feeding my irish draught x yearling

Hi Sammie,

It would be best to also provide your yearling with a vitamin/mineral supplement designed for growing horses. Perhaps his youngstock mix already has this added -- make certain of that.

I would also add alfalfa (lucerne) to his diet if the haylage does not include this.

All the best,

Dr. Getty