Return to Website

Ask the Nutritionist: Dr. Getty's Forum for Equine Nutrition

Welcome to my forum. 

Here you will find more than 6 years of questions and my answers. It is searchable and offers a great deal of information. 

Currently, I am discontinuing new questions. This may change in the future, but in the meantime, please know that It has been a true pleasure serving you. 

Take a look at my Nutrition Library and Tips of the Month for a variety of answers on selected topics. Be sure to sign up for my monthly e-newsletter, Forage for Thought

I also have a growing number of recordings on "Teleseminars on Nutrition Topics that Concern You" as well as the new, Spotlight on Equine Nutrition Series -- printed versions of favorite teleseminars.

And finally, look for my articles in a variety of local publications and online newsletters, as well as the Horse Journal, where I am the Contributing Nutrition Editor.  

All the best,

Dr. Getty 

Ask the Nutritionist: Dr. Getty's Forum for Equine Nutrition
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
sweetened b-plex

Hi Dr. Getty ~ Wanted to thank you, I received my 2nd ration plus and b-plex ~ been busy and forgot to thank you. I noticed Cash's b-plex had the sticker on it that said w/Sweetener. What kind of sweetener is it and would it make him jumpy? The 1st bucket I started him on reallllllly calmed him down, but this bucket has the sweetener in it and he is back to being jumpy and acting like he's a grasshopper, can't stand still when I try to ride him. Just curious ~ and Whiskey said to tell you he's in love with you for getting his belly off of him with the ration plus. He seems so much more comfortable and his belly doesn't waddle like a duck anymore! Thanks a bunch ~ Vicky ~ Cash ~ Whiskey

Where are you from? Illinois

How did you locate this forum? internet

Re: sweetened b-plex

Hi Vicky,

The B Plex has saccharin added in a small amount to make it sweet since some horses do not care for the taste of plain B Plex. It should have no effect on his behavior at all. Perhaps he's just feeling really, really good?!

Keep me posted!

And, please tell Whiskey that I'm delighted that his belly is feeling better!

Dr. Getty

Re: sweetened b-plex

Ok,Thanks for clearing that up for me, he's just squirrely acting. When the weather clears up we are going to take him and try to get 3-4 goods days in a row of riding in him and see how he does, I think he's got his bluff in on me and he knows it. Thank you for the response ~ and Whiskey says *Your Welcome*

Where are you from? Illinois

How did you locate this forum? internet