Return to Website

Ask the Nutritionist: Dr. Getty's Forum for Equine Nutrition

Welcome to my forum. 

Here you will find more than 6 years of questions and my answers. It is searchable and offers a great deal of information. 

Currently, I am discontinuing new questions. This may change in the future, but in the meantime, please know that It has been a true pleasure serving you. 

Take a look at my Nutrition Library and Tips of the Month for a variety of answers on selected topics. Be sure to sign up for my monthly e-newsletter, Forage for Thought

I also have a growing number of recordings on "Teleseminars on Nutrition Topics that Concern You" as well as the new, Spotlight on Equine Nutrition Series -- printed versions of favorite teleseminars.

And finally, look for my articles in a variety of local publications and online newsletters, as well as the Horse Journal, where I am the Contributing Nutrition Editor.  

All the best,

Dr. Getty 

Ask the Nutritionist: Dr. Getty's Forum for Equine Nutrition
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Poulin grain

I have switched over to TC Lite for my one horse. If I was to go with Poulin is there a feed like the Lite that can be feed in small amounts, but get all vit./ minerals? Right now he is getting 2#/ day. Once the grass comes in more he will probaly not need as much. The low carb feed that Poulin makes is that comparable to the Lite. I love the quality of both the Lite and the Senior that TC makes. It smells so fresh, unlike other brands I have fed in the past. The TC is a little more and farther away, but I feel it is of better quality. Is this correct? I can easily get the Poulin grain products if there is not much of a difference. What is you opinion on which is better regarding the TC Lite and TC Senior compared to Poulin Senior and Poulin Low carb or something that could be fed in small amounts. Thanks, Kristi

Where are you from? VT

How did you locate this forum? horse nutrition google

Re: Poulin grain

Hi Kristi,

There isn't any such thing as a complete ration where you can feed a small amount and get all of the nutrients needed. However, you could add Triple Crown 12% Supplement as a top dressing and this would give you all the extra vits/mins you need.

I have never seen the Poulin feeds since they are only available in the northeast. I like Triple Crown very much, so I would suggest that you stick with it.

All the best,

Dr. Getty