Return to Website

Ask the Nutritionist: Dr. Getty's Forum for Equine Nutrition

Welcome to my forum. 

Here you will find more than 6 years of questions and my answers. It is searchable and offers a great deal of information. 

Currently, I am discontinuing new questions. This may change in the future, but in the meantime, please know that It has been a true pleasure serving you. 

Take a look at my Nutrition Library and Tips of the Month for a variety of answers on selected topics. Be sure to sign up for my monthly e-newsletter, Forage for Thought

I also have a growing number of recordings on "Teleseminars on Nutrition Topics that Concern You" as well as the new, Spotlight on Equine Nutrition Series -- printed versions of favorite teleseminars.

And finally, look for my articles in a variety of local publications and online newsletters, as well as the Horse Journal, where I am the Contributing Nutrition Editor.  

All the best,

Dr. Getty 

Ask the Nutritionist: Dr. Getty's Forum for Equine Nutrition
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Draft Horse Nutrition Naturally

I am a pre-vet major at Delaware State University. I am trying to find information to write my term paper on which is due next Wed the 1st week of May. Which I just found out I needed to do a term paper on Monday this week. Any way, my topic is Draft Horse Nutrition Naturally. I have only been able to find two sources. Any suggestion of web sights I should consider? Many new draft horse owners do not understand the different nutrition requirements for draft horses vs. light horses. Since I am a Draft Horse owner myself, I thought this would be a very easy topic to find information on since many people are becoming more involved with our horse "weighing a ton.” Any and all help would be greatly appreciated ASAP. Melynnoes@yahoo.com

Where are you from? Delaware

How did you locate this forum? Typed in Draft Horse Nutrition

Re: Draft Horse Nutrition Naturally

Hi Melissa,

Well, this forum will give you plenty of information that I believe you'll find helpful. But, you may want to take a look at www.equisearch.com for some more information. Take a look at Dr. Judith Reynolds' approach to feeding.

Good luck!

Dr. Getty