Return to Website

Ask the Nutritionist: Dr. Getty's Forum for Equine Nutrition

Welcome to my forum. 

Here you will find more than 6 years of questions and my answers. It is searchable and offers a great deal of information. 

Currently, I am discontinuing new questions. This may change in the future, but in the meantime, please know that It has been a true pleasure serving you. 

Take a look at my Nutrition Library and Tips of the Month for a variety of answers on selected topics. Be sure to sign up for my monthly e-newsletter, Forage for Thought

I also have a growing number of recordings on "Teleseminars on Nutrition Topics that Concern You" as well as the new, Spotlight on Equine Nutrition Series -- printed versions of favorite teleseminars.

And finally, look for my articles in a variety of local publications and online newsletters, as well as the Horse Journal, where I am the Contributing Nutrition Editor.  

All the best,

Dr. Getty 

Ask the Nutritionist: Dr. Getty's Forum for Equine Nutrition
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Leg poultice

Dr. Getty-

You have been so helpful regarding the feeding of my barrel mare but I have a question regarding leg strain of which you might be able to answer. I see that you have an MSM Gel that is on backorder. Can you suggest another application that you approve of? There are so many out there and I don't want to apply just anything to my girls legs. Thank you for any information you can volunteer.
Take care-

De Ann

Re: Leg poultice

Hi De Ann,

Thank you for your kind words!

I'm in the process of adding a few new products to my website and I just added a topical that I like very much. It is called Grand Flex Lotion. It contains MSM and Glucosamine, along with Extract of Turmeric and Capsaicin, which significantly reduce pain.

If you decide to try it, please do let me know what you think.

All the best,

Dr. Getty