Return to Website

Ask the Nutritionist: Dr. Getty's Forum for Equine Nutrition

Welcome to my forum. 

Here you will find more than 6 years of questions and my answers. It is searchable and offers a great deal of information. 

Currently, I am discontinuing new questions. This may change in the future, but in the meantime, please know that It has been a true pleasure serving you. 

Take a look at my Nutrition Library and Tips of the Month for a variety of answers on selected topics. Be sure to sign up for my monthly e-newsletter, Forage for Thought

I also have a growing number of recordings on "Teleseminars on Nutrition Topics that Concern You" as well as the new, Spotlight on Equine Nutrition Series -- printed versions of favorite teleseminars.

And finally, look for my articles in a variety of local publications and online newsletters, as well as the Horse Journal, where I am the Contributing Nutrition Editor.  

All the best,

Dr. Getty 

Ask the Nutritionist: Dr. Getty's Forum for Equine Nutrition
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Quiessence and where to buy it?

Hi Dr Getty

I know it's been a long time but I wanted to know if you knew of any feed and tack stores in the Detroit Michigan area, that sold Quiessence as my sister goes there and it would be easy for her to pick it up for me.
Thanks

Where are you from? canada

Re: Quiessence and where to buy it?

Hi Henrica,

If you have an address in the U.S. where I can ship Quiessence, there is no shipping charge for the product. I offer Quiessence on my website along with other supplements that I find useful. Here is the link: http://gettyequinenutrition.biz/products/Quiessence.htm

I can ship Quiessence to Canada, but there would be shipping involved. Please let me know if I can assist you further.

All the best,

Dr. Getty

Where are you from? Colorado

Also one quick question before I figure out what I am doing and ask for an address.

If I bought magnesium oxide by itself would that be good enough? My sister while down there was calling around and a woman told her that she could use this, that alot of people used it instead and that it worked the same? I would like to know what you think about it.

Thanks and as I said I am waiting for my sister to show up and will get an address if it's needed.

Thanks again for your time and help.

Henrica

Hi Henrica,

Yes, many people do feed Magnesium Oxide, but it is best to add additional nutrients to increase its effectiveness.

Quiessence contains magnesium (in a chelated form, making it more absorbable) along with chromium and B vitamins. As such, it assists horses that are insulin resistant and prone to laminitis. It also has a relaxing effect for nervous or tense horses.

I hope this is helpful.

All the best,

Dr. Getty

Okay, I understand and will try to get a hold of my sister and get an address as to where to send it. I think it'll be somewhere in Detroit. When I find out for sure I'll email you. Thanks again for your time and help.

Take care
Henrica

Hi Henrica,

I'm glad to help. Please let me know if you have any more questions.

All the best,

Dr. Getty