Return to Website

Ask the Nutritionist: Dr. Getty's Forum for Equine Nutrition

Welcome to my forum. 

Here you will find more than 6 years of questions and my answers. It is searchable and offers a great deal of information. 

Currently, I am discontinuing new questions. This may change in the future, but in the meantime, please know that It has been a true pleasure serving you. 

Take a look at my Nutrition Library and Tips of the Month for a variety of answers on selected topics. Be sure to sign up for my monthly e-newsletter, Forage for Thought

I also have a growing number of recordings on "Teleseminars on Nutrition Topics that Concern You" as well as the new, Spotlight on Equine Nutrition Series -- printed versions of favorite teleseminars.

And finally, look for my articles in a variety of local publications and online newsletters, as well as the Horse Journal, where I am the Contributing Nutrition Editor.  

All the best,

Dr. Getty 

Ask the Nutritionist: Dr. Getty's Forum for Equine Nutrition
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Acitflex liquid vs powder

Hey Dr Getty,
It has been awhile since I talked to you. Hope everything is going well in colorado Anyway, I just have a question about actiflex if you don't mind.

I have started the new school semester and my schedule does not allow me to be at the barn everyday to give Tequila his bucket. Consequently I am pre-mixing it for the barn ownewr to feed. The problem is I can't pour the liquid actiflex into the flaxseed and rice bran pellets and allow it to sit like that for two-three days until she feeds it. Therefor, I was looking at the actiflex powder, but I notice that there are a few (albeit minor) differences.

I was wondering if you could explain a bit about the differences and what, if any, their affect might be.
To refresh your memory, He gets grass/alfalfa, rice bran pellets, falxseed meal, quiessence, and accel, as well as his actiflex.

Thanks a ton!
Jamie

Re: Acitflex liquid vs powder

Hi Jamie,

Nice to hear from you! Congratulations on your new schooling!

Sure -- feeding the Actiflex powder is just as effective and in your situation, it would be preferable. The differences have to do with the fact that one is a liquid and the other is dry, therefore not all ingredients lend themselves to both types.

But, basically, they are very similar products and work equally well.

Best regards,

Dr. Getty

Where are you from? Bayfield, Colorado

Thank you! I've got to order some, I'm running low. lol

Hi Jamie,

Glad to help. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Dr. Getty

Where are you from? Bayfield, Colorado