Return to Website

Ask the Nutritionist: Dr. Getty's Forum for Equine Nutrition

Welcome to my forum. 

Here you will find more than 6 years of questions and my answers. It is searchable and offers a great deal of information. 

Currently, I am discontinuing new questions. This may change in the future, but in the meantime, please know that It has been a true pleasure serving you. 

Take a look at my Nutrition Library and Tips of the Month for a variety of answers on selected topics. Be sure to sign up for my monthly e-newsletter, Forage for Thought

I also have a growing number of recordings on "Teleseminars on Nutrition Topics that Concern You" as well as the new, Spotlight on Equine Nutrition Series -- printed versions of favorite teleseminars.

And finally, look for my articles in a variety of local publications and online newsletters, as well as the Horse Journal, where I am the Contributing Nutrition Editor.  

All the best,

Dr. Getty 

Ask the Nutritionist: Dr. Getty's Forum for Equine Nutrition
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
moving to CO

Hi!! My husband and I are going to be moving to CO sometime this year. We currently have a 5 year old AQHA stands 15 hands 1100 lbs and a 3 year old Appendix 16.3hands and 1250lbs. We have them both on purina ultium and Glanzen lite. The 3 year old is also on Lysine. Free choice hay and salt. I know CO is alot diffent then PA. Is Ultium sold out there and what is the hay they use. In the spring we have lush pastures here, which is alot different then CO. Knowing your from that area have any pointers? We will prob be around Grand Junction area. Thanks for your help :)

Where are you from? PA

Re: moving to CO

Hi Sherry,

Congratulations on moving to this glorious state! Grand Junction is dryer than where I am (between Durango and Pagosa Springs), so hay is always going to be an issue. The main type of hay is Timothy and Orchard grasses. And, alfalfa is also available.

Purina feeds are easy to find here. I don't know what other brands are available in Grand Junction.

Have a good, safe trip!

Dr. Getty

Where are you from? Bayfield, CO