Return to Website

Ask the Nutritionist: Dr. Getty's Forum for Equine Nutrition

Welcome to my forum. 

Here you will find more than 6 years of questions and my answers. It is searchable and offers a great deal of information. 

Currently, I am discontinuing new questions. This may change in the future, but in the meantime, please know that It has been a true pleasure serving you. 

Take a look at my Nutrition Library and Tips of the Month for a variety of answers on selected topics. Be sure to sign up for my monthly e-newsletter, Forage for Thought

I also have a growing number of recordings on "Teleseminars on Nutrition Topics that Concern You" as well as the new, Spotlight on Equine Nutrition Series -- printed versions of favorite teleseminars.

And finally, look for my articles in a variety of local publications and online newsletters, as well as the Horse Journal, where I am the Contributing Nutrition Editor.  

All the best,

Dr. Getty 

Ask the Nutritionist: Dr. Getty's Forum for Equine Nutrition
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Glanzen? Reit-sport?

Dear Dr. Getty,

I am writing to find out which is the best supplement for my 2 Dutch Dressage ponies. One of them has successfully competed at Prix St. Georges and is barefoot all around. The other has successfully competed at Inter. II and is only shod on the front. They live outside mostly and are easy keepers. I need to know which product to use to help them the MOST!! (One is 10 years old and the other is 12). I give them both the Quiessence and have used the Glanzen Lite successfully. What do you recommend? My vet told me that for the joint supplements to be helpful, I would need to give them a large dosage of that part of the supplement. What do you think? Thanks so, so much!!
Janie Pride

Where are you from? Midland, GA

How did you locate this forum? I found it on your website.

Re: Glanzen? Reit-sport?

Hi Janie,

Congratulations! You have two very fine horses and it sounds like you are doing a fabulous job with them.

Glanzen Lite is an excellent choice. However, it does not provide additional support for joints. Your horses are young but it is best to add prevention to a working horse's diet, than to treat problems later on. So, I would suggest that you move one step up from Glanzen-Lite and offer Reitsport. I will be placing the Reitsport-Lite on my website today, so if you prefer this, let me know and I'll have it for you. There is also a Reitsport HA-100 and a Reitsport HA-100 Lite, which contains added hyaluronic acid, but that may be what you'll move to next. For now, Reitsport will provide all the benefits of Glanzen, plus joint support. It also provides additional vitamins and digestive support.

Let me know how it works for you.

All the best,

Dr. Getty

Where are you from? Bayfield, CO