Return to Website

Ask the Nutritionist: Dr. Getty's Forum for Equine Nutrition

Welcome to my forum. 

Here you will find more than 6 years of questions and my answers. It is searchable and offers a great deal of information. 

Currently, I am discontinuing new questions. This may change in the future, but in the meantime, please know that It has been a true pleasure serving you. 

Take a look at my Nutrition Library and Tips of the Month for a variety of answers on selected topics. Be sure to sign up for my monthly e-newsletter, Forage for Thought

I also have a growing number of recordings on "Teleseminars on Nutrition Topics that Concern You" as well as the new, Spotlight on Equine Nutrition Series -- printed versions of favorite teleseminars.

And finally, look for my articles in a variety of local publications and online newsletters, as well as the Horse Journal, where I am the Contributing Nutrition Editor.  

All the best,

Dr. Getty 

Ask the Nutritionist: Dr. Getty's Forum for Equine Nutrition
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Quiessence

Hi Dr. Getty,
I just wanted to write and thank you for recommending the Quiessence. I've had my gelding on it for two months now and have noticed a difference in that his muscles are no longer hard or tense and another positive difference is his behavior - standing quietly and just a nicer attitude. I had the vet out recently and he was amazed how well he has recovered from his bout with PSSM. Thanks again.

Where are you from? Wyoming

Re: Quiessence

I just read an article in the March 2004 Horse Journal on Managing The Horse With Heaves or COPD. They stated that magnesium deficiency can contribute to bronchospasm and bronchial allergy. I have a horse that is battling respiratory allergies really bad right now. How do you know if you have a magnesium deficiency? My horse is not overweight or cresty. Do you think the Quiessence may help him with his allergies?

Where are you from? Texas

How did you locate this forum? online search

Hi Lori and Lisa!

Lori -- thank you so much for the feedback! May I use your comments on my website as a testimonial for Quiessence?

And Lisa -- yes, as we "talked" about privately -- Magnesium is very helpful for relaxing muscle spasms that can be a result of respiratory problems. So, if you decide to use Quiessence, please keep me posted how it is helping. I would also suggest adding DMG to the diet for additional support of curing heaves, along with added antioxidants (PreOx).

Keep me posted,

Dr. Getty

Where are you from? Bayfield, CO

Hi Dr. Getty,
Yes, you have my permission. It's the least I can do for all the great, free advise you give. Thanks again.

Where are you from? Wyoming

Thank you, Lori! All done!

Dr. Getty

Where are you from? Bayfield, CO