Return to Website

Ask the Nutritionist: Dr. Getty's Forum for Equine Nutrition

Welcome to my forum. 

Here you will find more than 6 years of questions and my answers. It is searchable and offers a great deal of information. 

Currently, I am discontinuing new questions. This may change in the future, but in the meantime, please know that It has been a true pleasure serving you. 

Take a look at my Nutrition Library and Tips of the Month for a variety of answers on selected topics. Be sure to sign up for my monthly e-newsletter, Forage for Thought

I also have a growing number of recordings on "Teleseminars on Nutrition Topics that Concern You" as well as the new, Spotlight on Equine Nutrition Series -- printed versions of favorite teleseminars.

And finally, look for my articles in a variety of local publications and online newsletters, as well as the Horse Journal, where I am the Contributing Nutrition Editor.  

All the best,

Dr. Getty 

Ask the Nutritionist: Dr. Getty's Forum for Equine Nutrition
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
new routine!!

Hi Dr Getty, hope all is well. I just moved...needless to say I am beat but the critters are happy. I moved from lousy fescue pastures to nice common bermuda pastures,(even irrigated!!! Heavenly!!) I live near a feed store that carries Seminole. Horses are healty 6 year old QH's no problems. If I want to feed Bermuda pasture, Timothy hay, and a little alfalfa (cube or hay) what is a good balancer for the missing minerals? I do not neccessarliy need to shop at local store, I remember Seminole uses alot of corn!! I just want a good vitamin-mineral. to balance. Mail order is fine!! Thanks!

Where are you from? GA

Re: new routine!!

Hi Vicki! Congratulations on your move to "greener pastures!"

Since they are on fresh grass and young (without any joint issues), I would simply suggest a good, comprehensive supplement like Accel.

If you want to add a flaxseed meal based supplement that also supports hooves, go with Glanzen.

During the winter, when they are off fresh pasture, go with Glanzen Complete to provide the additional vitamins that they are not getting (hay loses a lot of vitamins).

Hope this is helpful! Keep me posted!

Dr. Getty

Where are you from? Bayfield, CO