Return to Website

Ask the Nutritionist: Dr. Getty's Forum for Equine Nutrition

Welcome to my forum. 

Here you will find more than 6 years of questions and my answers. It is searchable and offers a great deal of information. 

Currently, I am discontinuing new questions. This may change in the future, but in the meantime, please know that It has been a true pleasure serving you. 

Take a look at my Nutrition Library and Tips of the Month for a variety of answers on selected topics. Be sure to sign up for my monthly e-newsletter, Forage for Thought

I also have a growing number of recordings on "Teleseminars on Nutrition Topics that Concern You" as well as the new, Spotlight on Equine Nutrition Series -- printed versions of favorite teleseminars.

And finally, look for my articles in a variety of local publications and online newsletters, as well as the Horse Journal, where I am the Contributing Nutrition Editor.  

All the best,

Dr. Getty 

Ask the Nutritionist: Dr. Getty's Forum for Equine Nutrition
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Equine Essentials - Nutritional Supplement

Hi,

Do you have any experience from a nutritional supplement called Equine Essentials or Equine Essentials Flex?

Regards,
Bengt

Where are you from? Sweden

How did you locate this forum? Google

Re: Equine Essentials - Nutritional Supplement

Hello Bengt,

I'm familiar with Tahitian Noni by Equine Essentials. Is this what you mean? Perhaps you can give me the website?

All the best,

Dr. Getty :)

Where are you from? Bayfield, CO

Hi Dr Getty,

Is it the website for Tahitian Noni International that you mean? if so then it is www.tni.com
If you add /belu at the end you get to "my" page.
The reason for my question is that I am trying to get some first hand experiences from people that have tried Equine Essentials and EE Flex on their horses.
I don't own any horses so I have no real experience from it myself, but I am a great friend of all animals and very interested in these products.

Regards,
Bengt

Hello Bengt,

Noni juice is highly nutritious for horses (and for humans -- I take it myself!). The EE Flex -- I haven't found it on line and it you could send me the ingredients, that would give me a good idea if it is worthwhile. But, any joint supplement should containt glucosamine as well as chondroitin sulfate. MSM is good to add as well, and if you can get one that also contains hyaluronic acid, that would be best of all.

All the best,

Dr. Getty

Hello Dr Getyty,

Here is another web link to where you can find all the ingredients.
https://www.tahitiannoni.com/united_states/english/retail/store/product/23837.html
I can't say if Flex contains hyaluronic acid or not, but I can find out if you want.

Regards,
Bengt

Hello Bengt,

Thank you for the link -- that was very helpful. The ingredients are good, so this would definitely be a worthwhile product for joint health as well as omega 3 and vitamin E assistance.

All the best,

Dr. Getty

Hi Dr Getty,

With the information of the ingredients at hand, and also your own experience from Noni Juice, would you consider trying Flex or recommend it to others?

Regards,
Bengt

Hello Bengt,

The Noni Flex is a good product to use since it combines the benefits of Noni Juice with the benefits of joint supplementation.

All the best,

Dr. Getty