Return to Website

Ask the Nutritionist: Dr. Getty's Forum for Equine Nutrition

Welcome to my forum. 

Here you will find more than 6 years of questions and my answers. It is searchable and offers a great deal of information. 

Currently, I am discontinuing new questions. This may change in the future, but in the meantime, please know that It has been a true pleasure serving you. 

Take a look at my Nutrition Library and Tips of the Month for a variety of answers on selected topics. Be sure to sign up for my monthly e-newsletter, Forage for Thought

I also have a growing number of recordings on "Teleseminars on Nutrition Topics that Concern You" as well as the new, Spotlight on Equine Nutrition Series -- printed versions of favorite teleseminars.

And finally, look for my articles in a variety of local publications and online newsletters, as well as the Horse Journal, where I am the Contributing Nutrition Editor.  

All the best,

Dr. Getty 

Ask the Nutritionist: Dr. Getty's Forum for Equine Nutrition
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Who is the beautiful horse on your website?

Hi Dr. Getty,
I see you have a new beautiful horse on your website. Please share - is this your new horse?

Where are you from? Wyoming

How did you locate this forum? Regular reader

Re: Who is the beautiful horse on your website?

Hi Lori,

I've had this fellow for about a year -- a rescue that was in terrible shape when I got him. Well, he came to the right home, eh?!

He's a lovely fellow -- a QH Appendix, 23 years old, and has a beautiful bloodline -- out of Go Man Go (hall of fame) and Top Deck.

When I first got him, he had all the hay he wanted for the first time in his life! He stood by that hay feeder for days! Poor baby. But, as I've mentioned many times on this forum, he eventually self-regulated his intake, going from consuming 1 1/2 bales per day! to 1/3 of a bale each day, after about 2 weeks.

Ration Plus and Hard Keeper and Glanzen Complete and Actiflex 4000 for his old joints -- and voila! He gained 300 pounds and he went from standing in virtually one place because stifle pain, to running up and down the hills of our hilly area.

He's also gained trust in me that he didn't have when I first got him. So, I'm very proud of this fellow, as you can see!

Thanks for asking!!!

Dr. Getty

Where are you from? Bayfield, CO

Isn't it amazing what love can do! What a tribute to you to care about this horse and put love into action. Wow! Awesome! and powerful.

Where are you from? Arizona

How did you locate this forum? Been here many times before

Hi Pam,

Thank you so much for your kind and sincere words. Yes, he is very much loved and I love to show it!

Dr. Getty

Where are you from? Bayfield, CO