Return to Website

Ask the Nutritionist: Dr. Getty's Forum for Equine Nutrition

Welcome to my forum. 

Here you will find more than 6 years of questions and my answers. It is searchable and offers a great deal of information. 

Currently, I am discontinuing new questions. This may change in the future, but in the meantime, please know that It has been a true pleasure serving you. 

Take a look at my Nutrition Library and Tips of the Month for a variety of answers on selected topics. Be sure to sign up for my monthly e-newsletter, Forage for Thought

I also have a growing number of recordings on "Teleseminars on Nutrition Topics that Concern You" as well as the new, Spotlight on Equine Nutrition Series -- printed versions of favorite teleseminars.

And finally, look for my articles in a variety of local publications and online newsletters, as well as the Horse Journal, where I am the Contributing Nutrition Editor.  

All the best,

Dr. Getty 

Ask the Nutritionist: Dr. Getty's Forum for Equine Nutrition
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Feeding

Dr. Getty, I have two Quarter horses (4yrs and 5yrs) and am currently feeding them 2.5#'s of Triple Crown Lite per day with 3#'s of Beet pulp and 4 ounces of Nutra-flax. They have free choice hay with some alfafa. They both are doing fine; however, I was wondering if I could safely switch to just the Beet pulp and Glanzen Complete. Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks.

Where are you from? Verona, KY

How did you locate this forum? Web search

Re: Feeding

Hello Pat,

Yes, absolutely -- you can feed beet pulp and Glanzen Complete as a way to provide necessary calories plus fill in the gaps with the vitamins/minerals and hoof support that Glanzen Complete would provide.

If you're not feeding any alfalfa hay, you can also add some alfalfa pellets to the meal to increase the protein quality.

Best regards,

Dr. Getty

Where are you from? Bayfield, CO

Thank you Dr. Getty!

Where are you from? Verona, KY

How did you locate this forum? Web search

Hi Pat,

It is truly my pleasure!

Dr. Getty

Where are you from? Bayfield, CO