Return to Website

Ask the Nutritionist: Dr. Getty's Forum for Equine Nutrition

Welcome to my forum. 

Here you will find more than 6 years of questions and my answers. It is searchable and offers a great deal of information. 

Currently, I am discontinuing new questions. This may change in the future, but in the meantime, please know that It has been a true pleasure serving you. 

Take a look at my Nutrition Library and Tips of the Month for a variety of answers on selected topics. Be sure to sign up for my monthly e-newsletter, Forage for Thought

I also have a growing number of recordings on "Teleseminars on Nutrition Topics that Concern You" as well as the new, Spotlight on Equine Nutrition Series -- printed versions of favorite teleseminars.

And finally, look for my articles in a variety of local publications and online newsletters, as well as the Horse Journal, where I am the Contributing Nutrition Editor.  

All the best,

Dr. Getty 

Ask the Nutritionist: Dr. Getty's Forum for Equine Nutrition
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Acti Flex Liquid or Powder

Hello!
A friend highly recommended Acti Flex and I was glad to see you sell it here--I'll gladly buy through you! Is there any benefits of feeding the liquid vs. the powder? I find powder supplements easier, but if the liquid is more effective I'd try it.

My vet feels my old guy has a bit of arthritis in his front left, and at 20 ish, I guess there could be other spots, too. Generally he's pretty sound, but does have some off days on occasion. He's in light work, some english pleasure in the arena, some trails, a few low jumps for fun on a good day.

Where are you from? Pocono Mtns. PA

How did you locate this forum? websearch

Re: Acti Flex Liquid or Powder

Hi Melissa,

I continue to get highly favorable feedback regarding all of the Actiflex products -- the liquid (Actiflex 4000), Powder, and the Actiflex Senior. So, go with the one that is the most convenient to feed. The liquid (gallon size) comes with an ounce pump and is easy to use. Liquids, in general, are absorbed faster, so this may be a factor. However, the powders work just as well, just get absorbed a bit more slowly.

All the best,

Dr. Getty

Where are you from? Bayfield, CO