Return to Website

Ask the Nutritionist: Dr. Getty's Forum for Equine Nutrition

Welcome to my forum. 

Here you will find more than 6 years of questions and my answers. It is searchable and offers a great deal of information. 

Currently, I am discontinuing new questions. This may change in the future, but in the meantime, please know that It has been a true pleasure serving you. 

Take a look at my Nutrition Library and Tips of the Month for a variety of answers on selected topics. Be sure to sign up for my monthly e-newsletter, Forage for Thought

I also have a growing number of recordings on "Teleseminars on Nutrition Topics that Concern You" as well as the new, Spotlight on Equine Nutrition Series -- printed versions of favorite teleseminars.

And finally, look for my articles in a variety of local publications and online newsletters, as well as the Horse Journal, where I am the Contributing Nutrition Editor.  

All the best,

Dr. Getty 

Ask the Nutritionist: Dr. Getty's Forum for Equine Nutrition
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Am I over supplementing?

Hello! Thanks for your response!
I have a question, with the Red Cell, the only thing I like about it (the one gelding and the mare don't have it, they eat Maxum crumbles which are multivitamins at the lowest dose) the thing I like is the appetite stimulant, the one gelding is an 18 yr old TB jumper who is in unbelievable health and fitness but can go off feed (usually his breakfast and lunch) because of his high strung attitude and he also has an infected bone cyst that I'm afraid drains alot out of him would I still get the same effect with the product u reccommended? He only recieves the lowest dosage of Red Cell and hasn't had any complications, only really good appretite and outlook
i havnt exsperienced any soreness from the horses on the mirra coat, again I feed just one scoop which is the lowest dose. They get very very good grain so I don't want to over do it but I want them to be healthy and thrive, thanks!!!

Re: Am I over supplementing?

Hi Amanda,

The appetite stimulating property of Red Cell comes from the B Vitamins. B vitamins have a multitude of functions and one is to improve the digestive function and appetite.

PreOx has a high amount of B vitamins, so this would solve that problem, as well, without the danger of added iron.

All the best,

Dr. Getty

Where are you from? Bayfield, CO