Return to Website

Ask the Nutritionist: Dr. Getty's Forum for Equine Nutrition

Welcome to my forum. 

Here you will find more than 6 years of questions and my answers. It is searchable and offers a great deal of information. 

Currently, I am discontinuing new questions. This may change in the future, but in the meantime, please know that It has been a true pleasure serving you. 

Take a look at my Nutrition Library and Tips of the Month for a variety of answers on selected topics. Be sure to sign up for my monthly e-newsletter, Forage for Thought

I also have a growing number of recordings on "Teleseminars on Nutrition Topics that Concern You" as well as the new, Spotlight on Equine Nutrition Series -- printed versions of favorite teleseminars.

And finally, look for my articles in a variety of local publications and online newsletters, as well as the Horse Journal, where I am the Contributing Nutrition Editor.  

All the best,

Dr. Getty 

Ask the Nutritionist: Dr. Getty's Forum for Equine Nutrition
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
switching to Glaenzen Lite Complete ?

Dear Dr. Getty,
I'm the owner of a 7 year old Hanoverian (easy keeper)
and a 17 year old Morgan (insulin resistant and still
overweight).Both horses are on Quiessence, ABC-plus
Accel Lifetime, MSM and Grand Hoof. I will continue
feeding the Quiessence but would like to switch them
to a complete supplement to avoid any overlaping.
Would you please give me any advice ?
Thank you so much.
U.K.

Where are you from? Charlotte, NC

How did you locate this forum? browsing the net

Re: switching to Glaenzen Lite Complete ?

Hi U.K.,

You're on target with looking at Glanzen Lite Complete. This will provide a more comprehensive vitamin/mineral supplement than the Accel Lifetime. Plus, it will eliminate the need for a hoof supplement and the supplemental minerals.

It does not contain MSM, however. MSM is an anti-inflammatory agent that is helpful for joint and muscle inflammation. If your horses need joint assistance, then Reitsport HA-100 Lite Complete would be the way to go.

Your 7 year old does not likely require joint supplementation. So, the Glanzen Lite Complete would work well for both horses, with additional help for the 17 year old, if needed, in the form of a joint preparation such as Actiflex Powder.

Yes, continue the Quiessence, since this is very helpful in lowering circulating insulin levels, and hence reducing fat storage.

All the best,

Dr. Getty

Where are you from? Bayfield, CO