Return to Website

Ask the Nutritionist: Dr. Getty's Forum for Equine Nutrition

Welcome to my forum. 

Here you will find more than 6 years of questions and my answers. It is searchable and offers a great deal of information. 

Currently, I am discontinuing new questions. This may change in the future, but in the meantime, please know that It has been a true pleasure serving you. 

Take a look at my Nutrition Library and Tips of the Month for a variety of answers on selected topics. Be sure to sign up for my monthly e-newsletter, Forage for Thought

I also have a growing number of recordings on "Teleseminars on Nutrition Topics that Concern You" as well as the new, Spotlight on Equine Nutrition Series -- printed versions of favorite teleseminars.

And finally, look for my articles in a variety of local publications and online newsletters, as well as the Horse Journal, where I am the Contributing Nutrition Editor.  

All the best,

Dr. Getty 

Ask the Nutritionist: Dr. Getty's Forum for Equine Nutrition
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: what to feed minis

Dr Getty,
I checked out the site and put my order in, but I got the ponies Glanzen lite, because they do get pasture time.
If they are not on pasture they still have access to hay at all times.
Im hoping this will be good with alfalfa pellets and the glanzen lite, I also got the ponies the lysine.
I also got the nutra flax for my eight year old mare which Im changing her too alfalfa pellets, and I got accel lifetime for her also. Im taking her off the triple crown lite also.
thanks again for all your help.
Margie.

Where are you from? pa

How did you locate this forum? friend

Re: what to feed minis

Hi Margie,

The Glanzen Lite is fine as long as they are receiving approximately 8 hours of pasture each day. Hay has lost so many nutrients including vitamin C, vitamin E, and beta carotene (converted to vitamin A) so Glanzen Lite Complete offers these nutrients for hay-based diets.

Keep me posted on how they're doing!

Dr. Getty

Margie Briar
Dr Getty,
I checked out the site and put my order in, but I got the ponies Glanzen lite, because they do get pasture time.
If they are not on pasture they still have access to hay at all times.
Im hoping this will be good with alfalfa pellets and the glanzen lite, I also got the ponies the lysine.
I also got the nutra flax for my eight year old mare which Im changing her too alfalfa pellets, and I got accel lifetime for her also. Im taking her off the triple crown lite also.
thanks again for all your help.
Margie.

Where are you from? Bayfield, CO