Return to Website

Ask the Nutritionist: Dr. Getty's Forum for Equine Nutrition

Welcome to my forum. 

Here you will find more than 6 years of questions and my answers. It is searchable and offers a great deal of information. 

Currently, I am discontinuing new questions. This may change in the future, but in the meantime, please know that It has been a true pleasure serving you. 

Take a look at my Nutrition Library and Tips of the Month for a variety of answers on selected topics. Be sure to sign up for my monthly e-newsletter, Forage for Thought

I also have a growing number of recordings on "Teleseminars on Nutrition Topics that Concern You" as well as the new, Spotlight on Equine Nutrition Series -- printed versions of favorite teleseminars.

And finally, look for my articles in a variety of local publications and online newsletters, as well as the Horse Journal, where I am the Contributing Nutrition Editor.  

All the best,

Dr. Getty 

Ask the Nutritionist: Dr. Getty's Forum for Equine Nutrition
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 19 yo Underweight Cribbing National Showhorse

Hi Cheryl,

Congratulations! I am delighted to hear how well he is doing. Keeping his digestive tract full is a major factor in maintaining a normal weight, as well as to prevent (and even cure) an ulcer which is a major cause of cribbing.

Cribbing is a stress response and becomes a bad habit. But with the right approach and lots of patience, it can be reduced and even eliminated.

If you need further help with that, please let me know.

Best regards,

Dr. Getty

Cheryl
Sorry, I forgot to mention that my Original Post was on July 7, 2009. And he has gained around 75 - 85lbs

Where are you from? Bayfield, CO