Return to Website

Ask the Nutritionist: Dr. Getty's Forum for Equine Nutrition

Welcome to my forum. 

Here you will find more than 6 years of questions and my answers. It is searchable and offers a great deal of information. 

Currently, I am discontinuing new questions. This may change in the future, but in the meantime, please know that It has been a true pleasure serving you. 

Take a look at my Nutrition Library and Tips of the Month for a variety of answers on selected topics. Be sure to sign up for my monthly e-newsletter, Forage for Thought

I also have a growing number of recordings on "Teleseminars on Nutrition Topics that Concern You" as well as the new, Spotlight on Equine Nutrition Series -- printed versions of favorite teleseminars.

And finally, look for my articles in a variety of local publications and online newsletters, as well as the Horse Journal, where I am the Contributing Nutrition Editor.  

All the best,

Dr. Getty 

Ask the Nutritionist: Dr. Getty's Forum for Equine Nutrition
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
What type of pellet do you recommend to mix Glanzen Complete with

What type of pellet would you recommend as a carrier for Glanzen Complete? My horses gobble it up with one lb. of purina well-solve, but that is pretty pricey. Thanks, for your sharing your time and talents with us. Kathy

How did you locate this forum? California

Re: What type of pellet do you recommend to mix Glanzen Complete with

Hello Kathy,

Excellent question! Since Glanzen Complete is already a comprehensive vitamin/mineral preparation, it is not necessary to mix it with a commercially fortified feed. However, it can be as long as you're not feeding enough of the commercial feed (such as the Purina Wellsolve you mentioned) to create overlaps.

But a much more appropriate and economical approach would be to offer a carrier for Glanzen Complete such as alfalfa pellets or shredded beet pulp. Or a hay replacer such as one of the many shredded hay products or even hay cubes (broken into small pieces) would also work well.

All the best,

Dr. Getty

Kathy
What type of pellet would you recommend as a carrier for Glanzen Complete? My horses gobble it up with one lb. of purina well-solve, but that is pretty pricey. Thanks, for your sharing your time and talents with us. Kathy

Where are you from? Bayfield, CO