Return to Website

Ask the Nutritionist: Dr. Getty's Forum for Equine Nutrition

Welcome to my forum. 

Here you will find more than 6 years of questions and my answers. It is searchable and offers a great deal of information. 

Currently, I am discontinuing new questions. This may change in the future, but in the meantime, please know that It has been a true pleasure serving you. 

Take a look at my Nutrition Library and Tips of the Month for a variety of answers on selected topics. Be sure to sign up for my monthly e-newsletter, Forage for Thought

I also have a growing number of recordings on "Teleseminars on Nutrition Topics that Concern You" as well as the new, Spotlight on Equine Nutrition Series -- printed versions of favorite teleseminars.

And finally, look for my articles in a variety of local publications and online newsletters, as well as the Horse Journal, where I am the Contributing Nutrition Editor.  

All the best,

Dr. Getty 

Ask the Nutritionist: Dr. Getty's Forum for Equine Nutrition
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: confused about supplements for hay feeding

Hi Jennifer,

You're right -- I DID misread it. Folks that get the book directly from my website, www.FeedYourHorseLikeAHorse.com will have their book signed and personalized.

If you would like to post your comments about the book on amazon.com or on the GuestBook on the book's website, it would be much appreciated.

I understand about alfalfa when you have mules. Alfalfa pellets are a way of adding alfalfa to meals for individual horses, and worth considering.

Keep in touch,

Dr. Getty

Jennifer
I see what you read in my first post now, you probably read "Thanks for writing in the book", hehe! I just said thanks for writing the book though. I didn't get it directly from you, a friend gave it to me, she probably ordered on amazon.
I don't want to feed alfalfa, we have mules and they're not used to it. Shipping the Nutra- Flax would be far too expensive because of the weight, so I'll probably end up grinding everyday.
Thank you again, I might be back when I progress in the book.

Where are you from? Bayfield, CO