Return to Website

Ask the Nutritionist: Dr. Getty's Forum for Equine Nutrition

Welcome to my forum. 

Here you will find more than 6 years of questions and my answers. It is searchable and offers a great deal of information. 

Currently, I am discontinuing new questions. This may change in the future, but in the meantime, please know that It has been a true pleasure serving you. 

Take a look at my Nutrition Library and Tips of the Month for a variety of answers on selected topics. Be sure to sign up for my monthly e-newsletter, Forage for Thought

I also have a growing number of recordings on "Teleseminars on Nutrition Topics that Concern You" as well as the new, Spotlight on Equine Nutrition Series -- printed versions of favorite teleseminars.

And finally, look for my articles in a variety of local publications and online newsletters, as well as the Horse Journal, where I am the Contributing Nutrition Editor.  

All the best,

Dr. Getty 

Ask the Nutritionist: Dr. Getty's Forum for Equine Nutrition
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Psyllium with other supplements?

Hi 10 Walker,

Theoretically, they should not interact since the nutrients in Glanzen are absorbed from the foregut (small intestine) and the psyllium's action is in the hind gut (cecum and large intestine). But, having said that, fiber does influence nutrient absorption to some extent. So, to play it safe, I would suggest feeding them a two hours apart.

Great question!

Dr. Getty
Author of Feed Your Horse Like A Horse

10 walker
To get the full value of psyllium and Glanzen, does it matter if they are fed together, or does the psyllium affect absorbtion of the supplement. I have been feeding psyllium 1 week/month with my Glanzen, but want to make sure it's having the best utiization of both. If not, how long inbetween servings. Thanks.

Where are you from? Bayfield, CO