Return to Website

Ask the Nutritionist: Dr. Getty's Forum for Equine Nutrition

   Welcome to my forum. 

Here you will find more than 6 years of questions and my answers. It is searchable and offers a great deal of information. 

Currently, I am discontinuing new questions. This may change in the future, but in the meantime, please know that It has been a true pleasure serving you. 

Take a look at my Nutrition Library and Tips of the Month for a variety of answers on selected topics. Be sure to sign up for my monthly e-newsletter, Forage for Thought

I also have a growing number of recordings on "Teleseminars on Nutrition Topics that Concern You" as well as the new, Spotlight on Equine Nutrition Series -- printed versions of favorite teleseminars.

And finally, look for my articles in a variety of local publications and online newsletters, as well as the Horse Journal, where I am the Contributing Nutrition Editor.  


All the best,

 Dr. Getty 


Ask the Nutritionist: Dr. Getty's Forum for Equine Nutrition
This Forum is Locked
View Entire Thread
Re: Which Glanzen formula?

Hello Susan,

I am so glad you found the teleseminar on ulcers to be helpful.

Click on Glanzen Complete to be taken to the product's website. Glanzen Complete fills in the gaps that are found in hay. This product is different that original Glanzen 3 in that it adds vitamins that are no longer found in hay.

All the best,

Dr. Getty
Author of Feed Your Horse Like A Horse

Dr. Getty,
Thoroughly enjoyed tonight's Teleseminar on Ulcers. My horse is the one that had colic surgery about 5 years ago and continues to have numerous colic episodes.
I want to cut back the amount of Triple Crown Senior that he is getting and at your suggestion, supplement with Glanzen Complete, but I'm unsure of which Glanzen product to use and how much to feed.

Where are you from? Waverly, Ohio